NCAA Football 2015 pre-season

Finished our Spring game today - Offense looks 5x better than last year with an even more impressive Defense!! Gonna be a great season coming...can't wait to see those Hokies take down OSU again ;)

Finished our Spring game today - Offense looks 5x better than last year with an even more impressive Defense!! Gonna be a great season coming...can't wait to see those Hokies take down OSU again ;)
Not a slam against VPI, but with Spring Games, can you really tell how impressive an offense or defense is? Lots of times it's against 2nd/3rd/scout teams, so it really tells you nothing. And in the few cases where 1st teams play against each other (Saban tends to do that), an impressive defense/offense could be nothing but an unimpressive offense/defense.

In UGA Spring Game, everyone was saying one of the new quarterbacks looks to be the next Matthew Stafford (which of course means no more championships and several chokes & interceptions, but I digress). Point being, I put no credence in spring games.

Reactions: salsadancer7
Big difference is the Buckeyes will be INTERESTED this time around.
I have a feeling that game will be very ugly, revenge matches tend to get that way. I know U(s)GA will be looking to throw a lot of points up on use. Fortunately their defense is as bad as ours.

Not a slam against VPI, but with Spring Games, can you really tell how impressive an offense or defense is? Lots of times it's against 2nd/3rd/scout teams, so it really tells you nothing. And in the few cases where 1st teams play against each other (Saban tends to do that), an impressive defense/offense could be nothing but an unimpressive offense/defense.

In UGA Spring Game, everyone was saying one of the new quarterbacks looks to be the next Matthew Stafford (which of course means no more championships and several chokes & interceptions, but I digress). Point being, I put no credence in spring games.

True.
The least important day as for spring practice is the spring game. Coaches will run the very basic offense/defense with the number one goal is no injuries.

Ever the optimist until that third or fourth loss. :D

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...would-have-beaten-lsu-by-3-tds-112511544.html

In an interview with the Tulsa World, Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy said he's confident his 2011 Cowboys team would have a good shot against 2011 LSU. How good? Well, we'll let Gundy speak for himself.

If OSU’s 2011 Big 12 championship team had been matched with LSU in the BCS title game, Gundy said, “I don’t think there’s any question that we would have won by three touchdowns. ... We could score with anybody.”

giphy.gif

Iowa_State_Logo.gif

Reactions: mccoyrj
09/03/15 vs. Villanova
09/12/15 vs. Army
09/19/15 at Missouri
09/26/15 vs. Navy
10/02/15 at BYU
10/10/15 at UCF
10/17/15 vs. USF
10/24/15 at Cincinnati
10/30/15 vs. ECU
11/07/15 at Tulane
11/21/15 vs. Houston
11/28/15 at Temple

Pretty rough slate of road games, especially after last year's ROUGH season...

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Great recruiting classes mean nothing if you can't coach them. Look how many times UGA has a top recruiting class, and fails to do anything with them.

Steve Spurrier (aka, the Evil Genius) on Georgia recruiting: "Why is it that during recruiting season they sign all the great players, but when it comes time to play the game, we have all the great players? I don't understand that. What happens to them?"

Answer is the Neanderthall coaching the team. Lets short kick with little time on the clock instead of kicking deep in a close game with the lead. Every team has a chance against Georgia thanks to Mark.

Answer is the Neanderthall coaching the team. Lets short kick with little time on the clock instead of kicking deep in a close game with the lead. Every team has a chance against Georgia thanks to Mark.
WOW! You went back 3 whole months just to troll a team/coach. Congrats! :rolleyes:

Might even be pertinent if I was a Dawg fan :D

Reactions: Ronnie-
Big difference is the Buckeyes will be INTERESTED this time around.

Perhaps, but you can only play one QB at a time and being on home field this go around means a alot also. I believe VT will be more than just interested they will be hungry to make yet another statement.

Ever the optimist until that third or fourth loss. :D

very true.. I'm afraid unless Beamer produces 10+ wins this year he's gone cause this is just getting stupid.

Perhaps, but you can only play one QB at a time and being on home field this go around means a alot also. I believe VT will be more than just interested they will be hungry to make yet another statement.
Not necessarily true ...
I would not be surprised at all if Braxton is on the field as a WR while J.T. Barrett or Jones takes the QB position.

If he hasnt moved to Bama
I really don't think he will be able to throw like a QB should, I think that shoulder is worse than people are saying ... of course that's not being addressed in the news at this point.
I hope I am wrong about that ... that said, he was never an accurate thrower anyways, but they also have much better recvrs now than when he was in there as well so we'll see.

Over the weekend, I heard that the Official #1 Ohio State HATER, Matt Millen was leaving ESPN, I rejoiced !
Then I read the rest of the story and found him moving to the BIG 10 Network .... UGH.

On a positive note, he has the potential as well to start doing NFL games again .... I can only hope it's a very short stepping stone to the NFL.

Not necessarily true ...
I would not be surprised at all if Braxton is on the field as a WR while J.T. Barrett or Jones takes the QB position.

Well I mean as playing the position... Bud Foster knows how to make a mess of any QB no matter who they are. J.T got a first hand look at what the Hokie Defense is capable of doing. Jones hasn't lived it yet nor has Braxton but I don't see Braxton being the starter, IMO he should have transfered to some place like FSU so he could start but ohh well.

The defense has those returning and with experience in the front and secondary to be once again a thorn in OSU's side.. if the offense can click as it did last year it will be a very good game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)