NCAA Football OffSeason 2014

Personally I think they should go to 9 games, and for the 5 teams playing Notre Dame, have it count as the 9th game in the W/L standing, and the other 9 teams would play a second cross-division game.

Even though the Notre Dame would count as a conference game, the Irish wouldn't be eligible for a birth in the conference title game as they wouldn't be playing a full 9 game schedule.

yeah yeah, the math doesn't work out, as there's an odd man out, but could just change the Irish's number of games to either 4 or 6 to accommodate.

Last edited:
FSU wants 7 home games and already plays UF every year. I like 8 ACC games only, leaves a cupcake game and a game like Ok State this year. They also play UM every year, a team which will not be weak forever.

Certain teams that really want a 9 game ACC (tobacco road) schedule are teams that arent that high in fball anyways and there is a reason they want 9 conference game. Teams like Syracuse would love to do away with the playing partner setup, which would end FSU/UM, and thats BS.

I also do not like that ND counts as the +1. Get out and play an SEC (or comparable) team on your +1 like Clemson, GT and FSU do EVERY year.

I also do not like that ND counts as the +1. Get out and play an SEC (or comparable) team on your +1 like Clemson, GT and FSU do EVERY year.
Wake played Vanderbilt to end every year until the ACC & SEC forced Vandy & Tenn and Kentuck & Louisville to play at the end of the season. would that Vandy game count? ;)

Notre Dame (and many non-BCS schools) rank way higher on the football pecking order than Vandy, Old Miss, Miss St, Kentucky (apologies to ramy ;) ), Arkansas, Tennessee (post-Kiffin), and non-Manzeil A&M.

Most of those are no better than the lower tier ACC schools right now.

And the option to play a conference game against an opponent not on your rotation is ridiculous too (as your OOC game).

For 2014 Im pretty happy with FSU's schedule, they only have one OOC cupcake. You can't help the in conference cupcakes and how you are assigned.

2015 looks pretty good, all that happened is they traded a ACC cupcake for an OOC cupcake. I like Clemson being on there, but team like Virginia and Syracuse are not really impressive to have on a schedule.

Report: Poor APR to cost Oklahoma State day of practice per week

The news was first reported by GoPokes.com. The Tulsa World also reported that the team will lose two additional practice hours each week.

The Cowboys needed to post an average of 930 to avoid penalty, and finished at 929.41 -- nine-hundredths of a point behind the 929.5 mark at which the number would be rounded up. The minimum benchmark was increased from 920 to 930 this year, with the Cowboys' four-year figure actually improving from 2013's 926 -- just not enough to reach the 930 plateau.

Oklahoma State is, at least, expected to avoid being banned from the postseason. Still, the loss of a day of practice each week during the season represents a major blow to the Cowboys' game week preparations -- and will certainly do nothing to help Mike Gundy and Co. reclaim the Big 12 title that so narrowly avoided their grasp in 2013.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...-to-cost-oklahoma-st-day-of-practice-per-week

UConn basketball gets a penalty retroactively changed, disregards the latest number, and gets banned from the postseason.

Ok St gets a day of practice reduced.

F Mark Emmert!!!

UConn basketball gets a penalty retroactively changed, disregards the latest number, and gets banned from the postseason.

Ok St gets a day of practice reduced.

F Mark Emmert!!!

Are they banned again for the upcoming season? I don't understand what you are saying.

UConn's original punishment was due to low APR in 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10 and 2010-11 academic years. We were originally docked scholarships.

While still serving that punishment, the NCAA did 2 things:
1) Changed the punishment retroactively to a postseason ban
2) Did not allow the latest scores (which in the case of UConn 2012 ban, our 2011 score, which was available, but not used, would have exonerated us from being doubly punished).

FYI - Mark Emmert was our chancellor while i was an undergrad, and left very very badly.

Shot of my view for the 2014 season tickets :)

Untitled_zpsb08c59e5.png

No, their APR now is perfect, or almost perfect. I think they are referring to the BS that was pulled in 2012 (IIRC).

Yep:
2010-2011 was 947
2011-2012 was 978
2012-2013 was 1000

...and don't even get me started about UNC getting APR bonuses by having fake classes help athletes!

These commits and decommits drive me crazy. These kids are ridiculous.
I agree. They should either hold on announcing until signing day, or just let the kids sign at any time and once they do, the recruiting process on that athlete is over.

That just happened at Iowa. A kid got a DUI and was going to be punished by the coaching staff so he just transferred. Take some freaking responsibility kids.

Sinclair must renew deals with NBA & NHL to stream.

2011 NCAA Tournament

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts