NCAA Football OffSeason 2014

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
What a dumbass.
You would think given another chance would straighten a kid out.
I say bring on Jeremy Johnson.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I agree, but weed is prominent among football and noone wants to admit it. NFL just sticks their head in the sand, and the players make a good point about easing aches and pains. End of the day, it is illegal (for now).

Saw this on Facebook, for the people that listen to Afroman:

Attachments

• 2964877.jpg
    2964877.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 82

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
True.
When a players misses game due to violation of " team ruled", most of the time they get caught smoking weed.
When police are involved due to your own stupid mistake that should be double punishment.
Marshall should have been walking a straight line any way due to the fact what had happened at UG.

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
If they get suspended it won't be in their openers
They'll sit against a non conference cupcake

I disagree.
Can you imagine the pr nightmare if both teams do this???
If they are suspended it should be all means the starting with the first game.

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Yeah, this far in advance of the season, I honestly would not be surprised if they DID NOT get suspended, even if that is probably what I personally would do.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Winston was playing baseball when he committed the offense and was suspended from baseball until he paid the fine and did the time...

I can't help it if all these other thugs only play one sport and have to be suspended from that one sport ;)

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
I'm sure with Winston there will be another opportunity to suspend him from a football game or two. ;)

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Sure, dont forget about your boy Drake and a few others. Only reason Winston stands out is he won all his games last year ;)

Makes for better press. Oh thats right, Alabama lost to The Sooners because they didnt want to be in that game, it had nothing to do with the Sooners being the better team that night!

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
Makes for better press. Oh thats right, Alabama lost to The Sooners because they didnt want to be in that game, it had nothing to do with the Sooners being the better team that night!
Nope, they lost to a hurry up offense (same type Auburn beat them with, and A&M the year prior), which Saban now wants to ban. (Can't beat em, ban em) ;)

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-announced-for-2016-cowboys-classic-in-dallas

The Cowboys Classic at AT&T Stadium has become one of college football's marquee regular-season games. As announced Wednesday, the 2016 version will feature two of the most storied programs in the sport.

According to ESPN.com's Alex Scarborough, the Alabama Crimson Tide and USC Trojans will clash in the opening-weekend affair in two years:

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Alabama lost to The Sooners because they didnt want to be in that game
Exactly. Thank you for seeing it for what it is. :D

I will admit that Oklahoma was the better team that night, same as Utah was when they played. They end result speaks for itself. For whatever reason, Bama just was not mentally prepared to be there. Most likely in both cases, the mentally, emotionally, and physically draining losses that came before the match ups. No excuse, game was lost in both cases, but I still firmly believe that the better team (not that night) lost both of those games. Certainly the more talented team did.

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
The loses were several weeks prior. How physically draining could that be?

Utah definately was the better team, and was cheated out of a rightful National Championship that year.

Oklahoma knew exactly how to beat Alabama (hurry up offense), and therefore had a better offense than Alabama's defense. Saban runs a very methodical defense, substituting as the situation demands. Oklahoma neutralized it quite effectively. No matter when during the season it was, it would have been the same result.

If Saban would learn how to defend against a hurry up offense instead of trying to ban it, he might have won.

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
Exactly. Thank you for seeing it for what it is. :D
Most likely in both cases, the mentally, emotionally, and physically draining losses that came before the match ups.

Your the first bamer to admit what us barners did last year.:)

Reactions: Ronnie-

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Fine, take the physical part out of my description. Hard to argue against the mental and emotional part of it.

The coaches should have had them better prepared, but I can assure you that to the players, much like the fans, the Sugar Bowl, even being a huge reward, was an even bigger letdown considering the chance that was lost with the previous game loss.

I'd have almost as soon not played, even before the losses, as at that point, there was no point. It was just a let down. Then to add insult to injury.....lol

Which is a testament to not only how good Bama has been lately, but also to how spoiled we as fans have become. :)

In any case, I give Utah their due for that season, it was a great one, and by all accounts, there were no classier fans, but rightful national champions? They have the record, and maybe that's all that matters, but I'd say there is a very small minority that would agree that they were the best team in the nation for anything other than one game.

As to Oklahoma, they would have beaten us ten out of ten that night. ;)

Any time during the season? Nah.
Bama has had some struggles with the hurry up, most teams do, by design. But their defenses have effectively dealt with any offense sent against then for the past five or so years. If they had any glaring issues with them the losses would be much more abundant. True, the losses that are there do trend towards teams with hurry up schemes but as often as not it's not necessarily Tue offense that won those games. Auburn for example.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)