Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Damn.
That would be 10 seconds.:):)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

:D

My cousin and I watched the ending on YouTube this past week early one office morning before the workers arrived. I kept waiting on someone to run that sum bitch down. It was just RIGHT THERE!!!!! Lol

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
Funny!
Your a better man than me.
If and when that happens to my tigers, I never want to see it again.
I watch the NCG up until 13 seconds left all of the time. LOL

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
The loses were several weeks prior. How physically draining could that be?

Utah definately was the better team, and was cheated out of a rightful National Championship that year.

Oklahoma knew exactly how to beat Alabama (hurry up offense), and therefore had a better offense than Alabama's defense. Saban runs a very methodical defense, substituting as the situation demands. Oklahoma neutralized it quite effectively. No matter when during the season it was, it would have been the same result.

If Saban would learn how to defend against a hurry up offense instead of trying to ban it, he might have won.
Defending the Hurry UP Offense is not as easy as you make it sound.

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
Defending the Hurry UP Offense is not as easy as you make it sound.
I understand that, but a well run one, like Oklahoma had, beats Saban every time. His defense plan is not set up to defend against one, which is why Oklahoma's offensive is better than Alabama's defense, and would beat them all season long.
There are teams out there that defend well against a hurry up, but Alabama is not one of them.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
I understand that, but a well run one, like Oklahoma had, beats Saban every time. His defense plan is not set up to defend against one, which is why Oklahoma's offensive is better than Alabama's defense, and would beat them all season long.
There are teams out there that defend well against a hurry up, but Alabama is not one of them.
You would think, if your offense ran a Hurry Up offense, you would know how to defend it as well.
Thats not the case with the Buckeyes, at least in previous years ... this year they are shifting philosophy's, lets hope it helps ... better athletes that are coming in also will make it better.

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
Auburn's quarterback play became a little higher
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/nick-marshall-cited-pot/

Auburn - SEC Media Day.jpg

dvrexpander

SatelliteGuys Master
Aug 23, 2009
Near a tree
*sneaks into the thread....awaits the season start*

Lots of teams with big slots to fill - I know my Hokies are gonna have to find a QB this year but should still have a top 5 Defense. If they can get a solid QB to perform good they should be a match for Ohio State, if not then I'm afraid that will be the start of another blah year.

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
I really wish these types of a** holes would stay home....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...fter-friend-yelled--roll-tide--195435487.html

Former LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger was the victim of a “sucker punch” by an Alabama fan this past weekend.

According to the Nashville Tennessean, which spoke with the owner of Losers Most Wanted Bar & Grill in Nashville, Mettenberger, a rookie quarterback with the Tennessee Titans, did nothing to provoke the punch except get into a conversation with some Alabama fans, which, well, never leads to anything good.

“Here's the truth: The guy said something about 'Roll Tide!' to Zach, and Zach turned around and said 'Good luck with that,’” owner Steve Ford told the paper Monday. "And the guy's buddy then sucker-punched Zach.

"I promise you that Mettenberger did not throw a punch. He didn't do anything. The guy sucker-punched him in the eye, that's the bottom line, and the guy that punched him started running out the door. My door guys had to chase him down."

Reactions: mccoyrj

mccoyrj

SatelliteGuys Master
Aug 27, 2007
Southwest Ohio
The guy may not even have been a Bama fan. Lots of aholes out there trying to provoke a lawsuit with a pro athlete or celebrity. To be honest, I'm surprised Mett didn't fall for it and retaliate. He's been known to make mistakes in bars. ;)

Reactions: Ronnie-

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Now this is funny, not the typo but what happened next

Texas media guide published with recurring typo
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/24/texas-media-guide-published-with-recurring-typo/

The Texas Longhorns media guide was released with a typo at the bottom of each and every page of the media guide, misspelling the website address for Texas sports website (TexsaSports.com)

Now the funny part, an OU fan bought the typo'd domain and put this up on a webpage

http://texsasports.com/

TexSA Sports
For the Best in OU Sports
OU IS BETTER THAN TEXAS, LEARN TO SPELL

I regret to inform you that Bevo has sadly been run over by a covered wagon.

Attachments

• texoulogo.png
    texoulogo.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 84

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)