NCAA Football OffSeason 2014

Someone sent me this, sums up my thoughts. Can't wait til the season finally starts. :D

football-jpg.98540
No joke
soccer sucks

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Reactions: Ronnie-
The clock is ticking and football season is getting closer by the minute. Cant wait for it to kick off. In the mean time enjoy this comedy football skit I found on Nick Saban. The Rick Sagen Show..

I wish football season started earlier. The only bad thing about football season is that winter is almost here. I'm not ready for summer to end but I'm more than ready for football.

Summer is not my favorite season, Fall is, but I get soooo tired of Winter. The only reason I don't mind Spring is because it means that Winter is over. LOL. If it could just be Fall all year round I would be a happy man.

Reactions: Jimbo
I reckon. I'm just a little burnt out on it now. Some have no FSU and Bama and Auburn. Between that and the SWAG people make on recruiting, I'm ready for games.

I love how teams love to say how they are #5, or #3 in recruiting. For 1, star ratings aren't consistent. 2 - 5 star recruits sometimes play worse and 3 star recruits can perform better. 3 - Coaching the player and what a team needs matters too.

I reckon. I'm just a little burnt out on it now. Some have no FSU and Bama and Auburn. Between that and the SWAG people make on recruiting, I'm ready for games.

I love how teams love to say how they are #5, or #3 in recruiting. For 1, star ratings aren't consistent. 2 - 5 star recruits sometimes play worse and 3 star recruits can perform better. 3 - Coaching the player and what a team needs matters too.
But you still have to have the players ... you can have the best coaches and they can make something out of nothing from time to time, but if you get the best players and also have the excellent coaching, talent shines.

Thats what Im saying. How do you know if you have the "best" players? The star system is flawed. Bama wins almost every year and look at em last year. Not to dig at Bama, but the star system is obnoxious and the system Fisher designed (that Saban still uses) uses other metrics and I think they both do a great job at picking the players they want/need.

FSU has had a few 2 and 3 star players recently that will be NFL players. So while I can see article after article about how team "X" is winning on 2016, or 2017, or 2020 recruiting, its grain of salt. End of the day, if you have a good staff and a good HC (Bama and FSU do), recruiting rank mean diddly. Its for sites like scout and 247 to make money off your subscription. Fisher has openly stated he recruits very little on the "star".

Food for thought, 2013 preseason rankings:

FSU - 11
Florida - 10
Auburn - No points

I'm ready for games!

Actually, I'd say the recruiting rankings are far and away accurate most years, with Bama being a prime example of that. Just look at the classes, the ratings, and the number of those in the pros now. Plus their college results. I mean hell last year was a DOWN year and they went 11-2 with a bcs bowl appearance (loss).

Sure you are going to have some busts, and some overachievers, but most of the time they get it right.

Of course there is more to it than just the ratings obviously. You have to have the coaching too, and honestly some luck. Plus filling the needs you have. Four 5* quarterbacks means jack when what you really need is a defensive lineman (example)

However it's a lot easier to coach them to a winning season and championsips when the talent is there.

Reactions: Jimbo
The major factor recruiting services miss on is the heart of a player or what I call "the want to".
Hell, coaches miss on this too!
Hard to read a kid when he is not the BMOC anymore.
Some kids react differently to hard work and adversity. Not easy to tell which can.

If you are able to keep 12-15 kids from each class you sign for 3-4 years you are doing pretty good.
Attrition will come into play from medical, academic and other reasons.
To me the sign of a good staff is to hide the impact of those low numbers. That is tougher to do these days with scholarship limitations.

Between Bama's Drake getting arrested for removing his car from a crime scene, to FSU's Wilson riding off and wrecking a scooter someone left the keys in, August needs to get here.

Sinclair must renew deals with NBA & NHL to stream.

2011 NCAA Tournament

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)