NCAA Hockey Tournament 2010

BC and Yale (both winners today) will play tomorrow at 5:30 ET on ESPNU-HD with a Frozen Four berth on the line.

Miami of Ohio holds off scrappy Alabama-Huntsville 2-1.

If this result had gone the other way- that would have given Holy Cross-Minnesota a run for its money as an all-time upset in college hockey.

Miami of Ohio holds off scrappy Alabama-Huntsville 2-1.

If this result had gone the other way- that would have given Holy Cross-Minnesota a run for its money as an all-time upset in college hockey.

oh good lord. Please tell me you are joking. Seriously.....

Since you know VERY LITTLE about college hockey let me give you the facts that even you can understand

Miami Ohio has made it to the NCAA tourney 7 times (1993, 1997, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009) and one frozen 4 (last year). They have no titles

Conversely, Minnesota (who I despise being a Mn Duluth fan) has made it to the frozen 4 NINETEEN TIMES (1953, 1954, 1961, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1979, 1981, 1983, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1994, 1995, 2002, 2003, 2005) and has won it 5 times

Its not even close....What Holy Cross did was a miracle. If Huntsville did that to say North Dakota who has been in the tourney 25 times, frozen 4 18 times and 7 titles...well then that would be an upset that would rank near it

BC and Yale (both winners today) will play tomorrow at 5:30 ET on ESPNU-HD with a Frozen Four berth on the line.

boy there went my bracket ;)

I picked Fairbanks in the upset (had to...seen a few Fairbanks games this year) and NoDak...hell I had Nodak in my final

Michigan versus Bemidji State (spoiler tag for those waiting to see the game on ESPNU)

Big Win by Michigan this evening, 5-1 over Bemidji State. The Beavers had me a little concerned when they scored a goal midway through the 3rd period to make it 2-1, but the Wolverines stormed back in impressive fashion. Regardless, it was a really fast-paced game by two good skating teams.

Speaking of the Wolverines, where's Wozniak?

After a roller-coaster football season, Big Blue's been playing pretty well on the ice recently. If they make the Frozen Four, might he be able to go to a game ala going to the Final Four last year?

Speaking of the Wolverines, where's Wozniak?

After a roller-coaster football season, Big Blue's been playing pretty well on the ice recently. If they make the Frozen Four, might he be able to go to a game ala going to the Final Four last year?
That's a good question...I though he would have been hanging around this thread. Regardless, any mention of the football program is likely to trigger my gag reflex...in for another rough year with Rich Rodriguez at the helm. Ugh!

Well, Wisconsin and RIT are in the Frozen Four and will be playing each other in the semi-final game on April 8th. It's no surprise that Winconsin is here, but not many prediced RIT to make it out of the 1st round. The two remaining spots are being battled for today with the winners moving on to the Frozen Four:

Yale vs. Boston College
Michigan vs. Miami

My predictions...B.C. will prevail over Yale and Michigan is "on fire" and will handle Miami. We shall see.

...I'm not sure how many they will draw at Ford Field, but I'm sure the organizers are hoping that Michigan makes it to the Frozen Four. If so, I'll be there...:)
I was just looking through the records books. Although the round of 16 games are played regionally, the largest tournament attendance records were concludes in these cities:

139,170 (1989) - St. Paul MN - Harvard vs. Minnesota
121,261 (2003) - Buffalo NY - Minnesota vs. New Hampshire
117,970 (2006) - Milwaukee WI - Wisconsin vs. Boston College
116,848 (1990) - Detroit MI - Wisconsin vs. Colgate
116,147 (2007) - St. Louis MO - Michigan State vs. Boston College

Championship Game Attendance
19,432 (2007) - St. Louis MO - Michigan State vs. Boston College
19,324 (2002) - St. Paul MN - Minnesota vs. Maine
18,759 (2003) - Buffalo NY - Minnesota vs. Maine
18,632 (2008) - Denver CO - Boston College vs. Notre Dame
18,597 (2004) - Boston MA - Denver vs. Maine

Anyway, look for the attendance records to fall should Michigan win their next game. I'm not sure how many Ford Field will hold for their hockey setup, but 30K+ seems possible.

Capacity for the Frozen Four will be around 36,000 btw.

Hwkn,

Nice to see the big numbers in attendance, or as the National Media would say, "Nobody likes, or watches Hockey".

To be clear I love Hockey. It's also nice to see RIT (from my hometown) make the Final Four only after breaking into the Top Division for Hockey a few short years ago.

John

Not surprised that Wisconsin made it- they had one of the country's most talented and offensively impressive teams.

As for RIT- very surprised and extremely impressed, especially when you beat quality teams in Denver and New Hampshire- after what Bemidji State did last year, it's cool to see another college hockey cinderella advance after not many thought it could be done.

As Kevin Garnett said, anything is possible.

Yale made it very interesting in the last few minutes, but BC holds on for the 9-7 win..............the Eagles advance to the Frozen Four

Very interesting and entertaining 3rd period to the BC / Yale game. A few nice goals there.

Time for the big one for us CCHA fans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)