NCAA Hockey Tournament 2010

just got over

Miami wins in 2OT

Congrats to Miami for making the FF
Great game, but the better team didn't win last night as Michigan outshot Miami by 20+ shots. It's even more painful since an early whistle (clearly a mistake) voided Michigan's goal in the 1st OT. Regardless, Miami played a great game (classic CCHA matchup) and Michigan managed to salvage what was otherwise a terrible season.

I made tentative plans to attend the Frozen Four with my brother, but now I'm not sure. Eh, perhaps if I numb the the pain with a few beers this evening I'll feel like going. :)

It's even more painful since an early whistle (clearly a mistake) voided Michigan's goal in the 1st OT.

The ref was so out of place he had no choice when he lost track of the puck. But it was a quick whistle. I first thought they were WCHA refs since a couple have been known to be "quick happy" on the whistle but it wasnt

The ref was so out of place he had no choice when he lost track of the puck. But it was a quick whistle. I first thought they were WCHA refs since a couple have been known to be "quick happy" on the whistle but it wasnt
I certainly understand the whistle and can't fault the ref...but it sucks when you're on the losing end. Anyway, Miami played a good game and should do well against BC. College hockey is still the best game in town...

Games kick-off tomorrow...predictions?

I predict Chris Kreider (Boston Colllege) and Derek Stepan (Wisconsin) have a knee-to-knee collision, and two of the Rangers's brightest prospects never completely recover. That's the kind of season it's been. :(

Sandra

I predict Chris Kreider (Boston Colllege) and Derek Stepan (Wisconsin) have a knee-to-knee collision, and two of the Rangers's brightest prospects never completely recover. That's the kind of season it's been. :(

Sandra
Sandra, you're sounding like Bob Haller...I see brighter days ahead for the Rangers. ;) Plus, I see Miami playing Wisconsin. :)

Miami over BC in OT
Wisconsin over RIT by 2 or 3 goals.

I have no idea who will prevail in a Miami versus Wisconsin matchup at present.

With North Dakota knocked out, I now like Miami to win the National Championship.

But I'm hoping for the city of Boston (BC in '08 and BU in '09) to win it's third straight NC! :)

Miami-BC is a hard game to pick. BC has pure talent, Miami is on a mission to redeem themselves after last year. This feels like a pick-em game.

As for Wisconsin-RIT, the RIT goalie will have to stand on his head if they're going to beat the Badgers. They MUST NOT TAKE PENALTIES, for the UW power play is very good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)