NCAA Hockey Tournament 2010

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just an FYI........................Minnesota Duluth just defeated Cornell with 32 seconds left in the third overtime for the Women's National Championship

yeah that was a crazy game....but watching that game when use to watching men's hockey is like watching it in slow motion ;)

and no offense to Shannon Miller (UMD coach) because UMD is my team (the mens side...women's not so much..)..but.....What in the black holy hell was with that jacket? Hey Shannon.....1978 called.....it wants it jacket back!! :D

uh oh...the NCAA screwed up ;)

They have it set up so possibly you could have a all WCHA frozen four...yeah I know Bemidji technically isnt a WCHA team yet but they play 4 or 5 series each year against the WCHA so they're considered WCHA :)

I might be at the Xcel Centre tomorrow for the Mn Duluth/No Dak game (the play in game)

but the best part......GOOFER FREE FINAL 5!!!! (first time in 11 years)

Hey! I happen to be a goofer season ticket holder. Hated seeing the Sue win it all. Was pulling for Duluth all the way.

Been going to the WCHA Final Five for like 9 years straight.

Need Regional Tickets...I have three extras.

Playoff Action Kicks-Off this Friday

Personally, I am really looking forward to the Bemidji State vs. Michigan game this Saturday at 7:30pm. Anyway, great preview by NHL.com

Source

"What more can be said about Michigan's March play? On the brink of seeing their NCAA-best 19-year tournament streak ending, coach Red Berenson put sophomore Shawn Hunwick in goal. Hunwick went 7-0 and helped the Wolverines win the CCHA Tournament, capped by Louie Caporusso's third-period game-winner in a 2-1 win in the championship game. Senior captain and defenseman Chris Summers has provided the leadership glue that Berenson stresses as paramount in post-season play.

While Michigan beat Miami in the CCHA semifinal Friday, 5-2, the RedHawks are on a mission for redemption in this likely final matchup -- until Bemidji is factored in. The Beavers are the sleeper team among the 16 to win it all, having been one of the final four 12 months back. "

Upcoming Schedule

EAST REGIONAL

March 26-27, Times Union Center, Albany, N.Y.

March 26, 3 p.m. -- No. 1 Denver Pioneers (27-9-4) vs. No. 4 RIT Tigers (26-11-1)

March 26, 6:30 p.m. -- No. 2 Cornell Big Red (21-8-4) vs. No. 3 New Hampshire Wildcats (17-13-7)

March 27 at 6:30 p.m. -- East Regional Championship, ESPN

WEST REGIONAL

March 26-27, Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, Minn.

March 26, 4:30 p.m. -- No. 1 Wisconsin Badgers (25-10-4) vs. No. 4 Vermont Catamounts (17-14-7)

March 26, 8 p.m. -- No. 2 St. Cloud State Huskies (23-13-5) vs. No. 3 Northern Michigan Wildcats (20-12-8)

March 27, 8 p.m. -- West Regional Championship, ESPN

MIDWEST REGIONAL

March 27-28, Allen County War Memorial Coliseum, Fort Wayne, Ind.

March 27, 4 p.m. -- No. 1 Miami RedHawks (27-7-7) vs. No. 4 Alabama-Huntsville Chargers (12-17-3)

March 27, 7:30 p.m. -- No. 2 Bemidji State Beavers (23-9-4) vs. No. 3 Michigan Wolverines (25-17-1)

March 28, 8 p.m. -- Midwest Regional Championship, ESPNU

NORTHEAST REGIONAL

March 27-28, DCU Center, Worcester, Mass.

March 27, 1:30 p.m. -- No. 1 Boston College Eagles (25-10-3) vs. No. 4 Alaska Fairbanks Nanooks (18-11-9)

March 27, 5 p.m. -- No. 2 North Dakota Fighting Sioux (25-12-5) vs. No. 3 Yale Bulldogs (20-19-3)

March 28, 5:30 p.m. -- Northeast Regional Championship, ESPNU

March 26, 3 p.m. -- No. 1 Denver Pioneers (27-9-4) vs. No. 4 RIT Tigers (26-11-1)

1st game of the day goes to RPI 2-1

Damn I had Denver in the frozen 4...there goes that ;)

Wisconsin came back to win 3-2.

Denver was not so lucky- they got knocked out by the Rochester Instiute.

Nothing would surprise me in this tourney (maybe I would be somewhat surprised Alabama-Huntsville won the whole thing)- remember last year, you had two no. 4 seeds (Bemidji State and Miami of Ohio, which nearly won it all) and a no. 3 seed (Vermont) in the Frozen Four.

P.S. With the Frozen Four in Ford Field, how big could the crowds be?

Last edited:
The Michigan v. Bemidji State game is tape delayed tonight on ESPNU at 11:30pm.

It is airing Live on FSN North and MASN for those looking for this matchup.

Gonna have to fire up channel 668 tonight, but I'm so used to 663....GO BLUE!

North Dakota is also on 668 today :)

me...I watched the games yesterday in beautiful ESPNU HD (via the actual feed)...what a beautiful thing. Why D* hasnt got ESPNU HD yet I'll never know

The Michigan v. Bemidji State game is tape delayed tonight on ESPNU at 11:30pm.

It is airing Live on FSN North and MASN for those looking for this matchup.

Gonna have to fire up channel 668 tonight, but I'm so used to 663....GO BLUE!
That sucks, however Comcast (Michigan) will be broadcasting the game live on one of their local access channels:

Television Coverage
Comcast (Michigan) - channel 900
MASN (Baltimore/DC) - DirecTV #640, Dish #432
FSN North (Minnesota) - DirecTV #668, Dish #43

ESPNU will be airing the Michigan vs. Bemidji State game on tape delay on March 27 at 11:30 p.m. ESPN360.com will stream the game live. Should U-M advance, the Midwest Regional final will be aired on ESPNU at 8 p.m. on March 28.

Michigan v. Bemidji State

Source

The University of Michigan ice hockey team received a bid to the NCAA Tournament for a national-best 20th consecutive season. U-M, the 2010 CCHA Tournament champion, is the No. 3 seed in the Midwest Regional in Fort Wayne, Ind. The Wolverines will face the Bemidji State Beavers (23-9-4) -- the College Hockey America regular-season champion -- in the opening round on Saturday (March 27) at 7:30 p.m.

Go Michigan!

Wisconsin came back to win 3-2.

Denver was not so lucky- they got knocked out by the Rochester Instiute.

Nothing would surprise me in this tourney (maybe I would be somewhat surprised Alabama-Huntsville won the whole thing)- remember last year, you had two no. 4 seeds (Bemidji State and Miami of Ohio, which nearly won it all) and a no. 3 seed (Vermont) in the Frozen Four.

P.S. With the Frozen Four in Ford Field, how big could the crowds be?
Yep, I tuned-in most of the 3rd period after the Red Wings game. I'm not sure how many they will draw at Ford Field, but I'm sure the organizers are hoping that Michigan makes it to the Frozen Four. If so, I'll be there...:)

Source

The University of Michigan ice hockey team received a bid to the NCAA Tournament for a national-best 20th consecutive season. U-M, the 2010 CCHA Tournament champion, is the No. 3 seed in the Midwest Regional in Fort Wayne, Ind. The Wolverines will face the Bemidji State Beavers (23-9-4) -- the College Hockey America regular-season champion -- in the opening round on Saturday (March 27) at 7:30 p.m.

Go Michigan!

GO BEAVERS!!!! :D

beaver dam, er uh, damn beavers.

Enjoy the game guys.

For what it is worth, the MASN feed looks better than the FSN No feed here.

Blue 1....Beaver 0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)