'NCIS' : New Orleans

Agree.

That Brodi was good at kicking down doors and kicking bad guys' butts, and except for her sleeping with the enemy I think she was a great character in the show.

Not sure if this FBI agent will join the team and replace her, but I'm not starting this season with high hopes, at least not just yet. ;)

Not sure if this FBI agent will join the team and replace her, but I'm not starting this season with high hopes, at least not just yet. ;)
Considering she's in the opening credits, good bet she'll be joining the team.

Same thing happened with Deeks appearing in the NCIS:LA opening credits during the season 2 premier.

Well, I guess it's official now, that FBI gal will be staying for an indefinite length of time.

I don't like her so far. :(

And they're still talking about Brody, and I do miss her.

Took notice of the weekend time slot for NCIS LA last night. Not sure if that is going to be a good thing yet.
As for "Bull", that show did not impress us here last night and was turned off after it became apparent of the way it was going.
LA in the Sunday spot is BAD ...

Now I have to pad the show by up to at least 1 1/2 hrs due to Football games running everything else late .... UGH, I hate that.

Sunday nights on CBS are the place shows go to die. Every show they put there suffers from the sports overruns and it just kills the viewership ,due to the guide not being right and the dvrs missing the show. I used to set a manual timer for the whole night to catch everything when The Good Wife was on ,but now there isn't a single CBS show I watch on that night , so no more worries.

I just added an hour to the NCIS LA recording. It is only 7 times (and only in the east at all) that there is a football over-run.

As to the NCIS NO, it remains the most unrealistic of the three shows. The very weak lead in from Bull will hurt it. I look for Bull to move to burn-off Fridays or Saturdays after Christmas.

The new girl is no big addition. I personally find the sterotypical New York/New Jersey female character unatractive.

Thank goodness they added Shalita last season or this would be the most boring group of agents ever (can't stand that Bama accent and does he look anorexic this season?). The new female is supposed to have a "dark secret" so let's hope whatever it is gets here off the show before it goes belly up.

Thank goodness they added Shalita last season or this would be the most boring group of agents ever (can't stand that Bama accent and does he look anorexic this season?). The new female is supposed to have a "dark secret" so let's hope whatever it is gets here off the show before it goes belly up.

I agree the Bama accent grates on my nerves as bad as the Boston accents some do. But supposedly he is really from Alabama.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I once read he's really originally from Alabama, however previous to this role, I don't remember him with his current accent.

I agree the Bama accent grates on my nerves as bad as the Boston accents some do. But supposedly he is really from Alabama.
Yes, Lucas Black is from, and grew up in the Huntsville, AL area. So as annoying as the northern Alabama accent can be for those not from the area, it's his natural speech pattern.

http://wiat.com/2014/09/24/alabama-...om-his-roots-in-new-role-on-ncis-new-orleans/
As special agent Christopher Lasalle, Lucas Black plays an NCIS agent who investigates everything from murders to issues of national security. Plus, his character is from Alabama, which isn’t exactly a stretch for him.

“I love it that my character, you know they made it easy on me having him from Alabama. I’ve been working on this accent for 31 years. I finally got it down pat,” Lucas Black said.

Black grew up in Speake, Alabama. He got his start as an actor when he was just 11 in “The War” starring Kevin Costner. After that, Black just kept adding starring roles to his resume like “Sling Blade”, “Friday Night Lights”, “The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift”, and most recently “42.”

Even with all the Hollywood blockbusters he’s been in, Black has kept his Alabama accent, even turning down one opportunity that would have meant changing it.

“Yeah, I’ve been asked to tone it down it some, but there are a lot of great characters out there who are from the south and they keep writing them and I’ve been fortunate enough that most of mine have been great southern characters. It’s worked for me so far so hey I’m sticking with it. Most people recognize me for my voice anyway,” Black said.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
TV accents are really only a problem for people who are from there,wherever there is.
I've said before that y'all sound funny to me,but my north jersey(long time ago)now northern NY,with a little canadian bleedover,probably sounds hilarious to you :biggrin

TV accents are really only a problem for people who are from there,wherever there is.
I've said before that y'all sound funny to me,but my north jersey(long time ago)now northern NY,with a little canadian bleedover,probably sounds hilarious to you :biggrin

Definitely sounds funny to me . I have a Canadian that works in my office and his Ayes and aboots gets on my last nerve.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Definitely sounds funny to me . I have a Canadian that works in my office and his Ayes and aboots gets on my last nerve.
After me making fun of her "eh's", my wife consciously avoided saying it. After several years of living in PA she swore she no longer had a Canadian accent, until one time when we saw Emerson Drive at the York Fair. We happened to be standing somewhere near the fan club meet & greet, and one of the band members heard her say something, and said, "Hey! You sound like us!". Was hilarious, but she then got to talk with all the band members and got some autographed stuff.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)