NCIS

CBS’ NCIS concluded Season 11 on Tuesday night with 16.8 million total viewers and a 2.6 demo rating, rising 6 and 13 percent week-to-week (yet down 11 and 24 percent from its year-ago closer).

CBS’ NCIS concluded Season 11 on Tuesday night with 16.8 million total viewers and a 2.6 demo rating, rising 6 and 13 percent week-to-week (yet down 11 and 24 percent from its year-ago closer).

Maybe the franchise is getting a little long in the tooth? That and no more Ziva. She did have more visual impact than the mousy blond Bishop.:rolleyes:

Last night was a BIG mistake for CBS. They prempted both NCIS & NCIS LA. I went searching for other programming so it looks like during summer reruns I will be watching "Americas Funniest Videos" or "Bones", and looking for other interesting viewing.

Maybe the franchise is getting a little long in the tooth? That and no more Ziva. She did have more visual impact than the mousy blond Bishop.:rolleyes:
I think it's poor scheduling, the season starts in Sept. and ends in early may- mid May, all for what? 13 episodes? I quit watching Lost in it's first season when they showed reruns 4 episodes into the season. I think if it takes almost 9 months to see 13 new shows alot of people will lose interest. but, ever network is doing it now. Also with this sort of Crap you don't get a warm feeling for new characters. some of it also was Bishop not being a priority role in many story lines.

I am still going to give Bishop a try and especially in her 2nd season since 1st was in disarray with Ziva leaving kind of made the season seem off...imo!! :)

NCIS Boss Spills Secrets Behind Ziva's Exit: What Changed? Was a Kiss Cut? Could She Return?
When all was said and done (and being watched by 20 million viewers), NCIS showrunner Gary Glasberg says he was “very pleased” with how longtime cast member Cote de Pablo‘s final episodes unfolded. That said, there were wrinkles to be ironed out as he rejiggered his original Season 11 launch plan to accommodate this important goodbye, sprung on him, as it was, late in the process. Here, Glasberg answers TVLine’s burning questions about Ziva’s exit. HOW DID COTE DE PABLO’S EXIT CHANGE THE ORIGINAL SEASON 11 PREMIERE STORYLINE? | Most simply said, “There is no comparison,” Glasberg asserts. “My intention was to pick up where we left off and tell the story of Gibbs and where we left him, with the sniper rifle, and set up some of the Parsa/terrorist storyline that is going to follow through this season.” Once it became clear that the actress and show would be parting ways, Glasberg says, “I realized very quickly that we couldn’t [write Ziva out] in one episode — there was no way — and do it properly, and that’s why it turned into a two-parter. And that’s why the significant second half of the [Season 11 premiere] became about her.”

WAIT, SO ZIVA WASN’T EVEN ‘OFF THE GRID’ IN THE ORIGINAL VERSION…? | “No, not at all,” Glasberg makes clear. As originally laid out, DiNozzo, McGee and Ziva “all went off and were doing their separate things [during the four-month time jump], and I had a sense of something that I wanted her to be doing. But while she was separated from the group, it was not to the extent that you saw.”

WAS THERE A SECOND TONY/ZIVA KISS THAT DIDN’T MAKE THE CUT? | In the two-part premiere, no. But in an episode from a previous season, Glasberg shares, “There was a kiss that existed at one point that was a last-minute addition to a sequence that never got used. It was something we had toyed with once before. And if there’s an opportunity at some point to dig it up out of the archives, maybe I will.”

DID THE GOODBYE SCENE EVER FEATURE AN OUTRIGHT CASABLANCA REFERENCE FROM FILM BUFF TONY? | Noting the similarities to [spoiler alert] the acclaimed Bogart film’s ending, Glasberg says, “We had been talking about visually what we wanted this to be, and there was a lot of talk about being out on an airfield and putting that plane in the background” — but that’s where the Casablanca similarities ended. “There was some joking about [Tony saying, 'We'll always have Paris'], actually. But it was never scripted.”

WHY WERE COTE DE PABLO’S FINAL EPISODES RATHER, WELL, COTE-LIGHT? | Glasberg says, “I understand that reaction to the first [Season 11] episode,” which did not feature de Pablo at all, “but that was stuff that literally had to be written at a time when there were still issues being figured out. Devices and decisions like having them Instant Messaging each other were put together because I had to.” As for “hiding” Ziva until midway through Episode 2, “We just wanted the story to build and ramp properly,” he explains. “We wanted to feel Tony’s search appropriately, and the only way you feel that is, for a little while, to have him looking for her. To not have him connect with her just yet. The only way we can do that is to have her not be present, and then have her appear when we least expect it.

IS THE PROVERBIAL ‘DOOR OPEN’ FOR ZIVA/COTE’S ONE DAY RETURN? | To that obvious inquiry, Glasberg can only note at this early stage, “”Ziva’s not dead! She’s not dead.”

NEXT WEEK ON TVLINE: Gary Glasberg previews life at NCIS after Ziva, reveals what her successors will bring to the empty desk and weighs in on battling those Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
http://tvline.com/2013/10/03/ncis-ziva-goodbye-tony-kiss-last-episode-secrets/
Cote de Pablo Mum on NCIS ExitDeatails,Says Im left Under My Terms.and That Was Wonderful
Breaking her silence for the first time since issuing a statement about her and [URL='http://tvline.com/tag/ncis/']NCIS
‘ shocking parting of the ways, Cote de Pablo (somewhat) addresses the elephant in the room:
Why did she leave?peaking with TV Guide Magazine, the actress says the exact details surrounding her exit from the role of Ziva David after eight years on the CBS drama is “a personal thing, and I’d rather leave it at that.” (Shortly after her departure was announced, CBS CEO Les Moonves said, “We offered Cote de Pabloa lot of money — and then we offered her even more money.”)Yet the actress goes on to note, “The idea of leaving was not something I toyed around with for a long time. It was an overwhelmingly hard thing — at times terrifying.”De Pablo confirms that she shares her final scene — as she did in very first NCIS bullpen scene — with Michael Weatherly, and promises the closing of “a beautiful chapter” between Ziva and Tony DiNozzo.But as for wrapping up her storyline in Season 11?s first two episodes (starting tonight at 8/7c), she states: “Did I want to leave under those circumstances? That’s another story. But I’m not of the belief that you just take off and leave fans hanging…. I left under my terms, and that was wonderful.”We now leave you with de Pablo during a much more playful moment, accepting in 2012 TVLine’s Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Tournament trophy (the “male” version of which went to Weatherly)
http://tvline.com/2013/09/24/why-did-cote-de-pablo-leave-ncis-first-interview-leaving/

[/URL]

Reactions: lfp302
NCIS Boss Spills Secrets Behind Ziva's Exit: What Changed? Was a Kiss Cut? Could She Return?
When all was said and done (and being watched by 20 million viewers), NCIS showrunner Gary Glasberg says he was “very pleased” with how longtime cast member Cote de Pablo‘s final episodes unfolded. That said, there were wrinkles to be ironed out as he rejiggered his original Season 11 launch plan to accommodate this important goodbye, sprung on him, as it was, late in the process. Here, Glasberg answers TVLine’s burning questions about Ziva’s exit. HOW DID COTE DE PABLO’S EXIT CHANGE THE ORIGINAL SEASON 11 PREMIERE STORYLINE? | Most simply said, “There is no comparison,” Glasberg asserts. “My intention was to pick up where we left off and tell the story of Gibbs and where we left him, with the sniper rifle, and set up some of the Parsa/terrorist storyline that is going to follow through this season.” Once it became clear that the actress and show would be parting ways, Glasberg says, “I realized very quickly that we couldn’t [write Ziva out] in one episode — there was no way — and do it properly, and that’s why it turned into a two-parter. And that’s why the significant second half of the [Season 11 premiere] became about her.”

WAIT, SO ZIVA WASN’T EVEN ‘OFF THE GRID’ IN THE ORIGINAL VERSION…? | “No, not at all,” Glasberg makes clear. As originally laid out, DiNozzo, McGee and Ziva “all went off and were doing their separate things [during the four-month time jump], and I had a sense of something that I wanted her to be doing. But while she was separated from the group, it was not to the extent that you saw.”

WAS THERE A SECOND TONY/ZIVA KISS THAT DIDN’T MAKE THE CUT? | In the two-part premiere, no. But in an episode from a previous season, Glasberg shares, “There was a kiss that existed at one point that was a last-minute addition to a sequence that never got used. It was something we had toyed with once before. And if there’s an opportunity at some point to dig it up out of the archives, maybe I will.”

DID THE GOODBYE SCENE EVER FEATURE AN OUTRIGHT CASABLANCA REFERENCE FROM FILM BUFF TONY? | Noting the similarities to [spoiler alert] the acclaimed Bogart film’s ending, Glasberg says, “We had been talking about visually what we wanted this to be, and there was a lot of talk about being out on an airfield and putting that plane in the background” — but that’s where the Casablanca similarities ended. “There was some joking about [Tony saying, 'We'll always have Paris'], actually. But it was never scripted.”

WHY WERE COTE DE PABLO’S FINAL EPISODES RATHER, WELL, COTE-LIGHT? | Glasberg says, “I understand that reaction to the first [Season 11] episode,” which did not feature de Pablo at all, “but that was stuff that literally had to be written at a time when there were still issues being figured out. Devices and decisions like having them Instant Messaging each other were put together because I had to.” As for “hiding” Ziva until midway through Episode 2, “We just wanted the story to build and ramp properly,” he explains. “We wanted to feel Tony’s search appropriately, and the only way you feel that is, for a little while, to have him looking for her. To not have him connect with her just yet. The only way we can do that is to have her not be present, and then have her appear when we least expect it.

IS THE PROVERBIAL ‘DOOR OPEN’ FOR ZIVA/COTE’S ONE DAY RETURN? | To that obvious inquiry, Glasberg can only note at this early stage, “”Ziva’s not dead! She’s not dead.”

NEXT WEEK ON TVLINE: Gary Glasberg previews life at NCIS after Ziva, reveals what her successors will bring to the empty desk and weighs in on battling those Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Cote de Pablo Mum on NCIS ExitDeatails,Says Im left Under My Terms.and That Was Wonderful
Breaking her silence for the first time since issuing a statement about her and
NCIS‘ shocking parting of the ways, Cote de Pablo (somewhat) addresses the elephant in the room:
Why did she leave?peaking with TV Guide Magazine, the actress says the exact details surrounding her exit from the role of Ziva David after eight years on the CBS drama is “a personal thing, and I’d rather leave it at that.” (Shortly after her departure was announced, CBS CEO Les Moonves said, “We offered Cote de Pabloa lot of money — and then we offered her even more money.”)Yet the actress goes on to note, “The idea of leaving was not something I toyed around with for a long time. It was an overwhelmingly hard thing — at times terrifying.”De Pablo confirms that she shares her final scene — as she did in very first NCIS bullpen scene — with Michael Weatherly, and promises the closing of “a beautiful chapter” between Ziva and Tony DiNozzo.But as for wrapping up her storyline in Season 11?s first two episodes (starting tonight at 8/7c), she states: “Did I want to leave under those circumstances? That’s another story. But I’m not of the belief that you just take off and leave fans hanging…. I left under my terms, and that was wonderful.”We now leave you with de Pablo during a much more playful moment, accepting in 2012 TVLine’s Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Tournament trophy (the “male” version of which went to Weatherly)
http://tvline.com/2013/09/24/why-did-cote-de-pablo-leave-ncis-first-interview-leaving/
You know these are over 6 months old, right ? ;)

Reactions: LER
NCIS: Why Aren't Tony and Ziva Staying in Touch? Show Boss Addresses that 'Valid Issue' and More http://tvline.com/2014/01/15/ncis-tony-ziva-reunion-season-11/ Will Robert Vaughn ever make a guest appearance on NCIS, paired up with David McCullum? I’d love to see a Man from U.N.C.L.E. reunion.
As would many readers of/writers to my column. I asked show boss Gary Glabserg about such a reunion, and he said that while the idea has “never been formally presented,” it has “always been something that’s in the ether, but then never materializes. But it’s something worth talking about, that’s for sure.”
Absolutely loved NCIS “Kill Chain” and I’m so ready for the upcoming episode, “Double Back”. But is this going to be the token “McGee angst” episode for the season, or is this emotional fallout going to continue on?
No, I am hearing that the “McGee angst” will not be 100 percent nipped in the bud in the very next episode.
http://tvline.com/2014/01/10/the-mentalist-lisbon-boyfriend-spoilers-ncis-shield/

These links are 5 months old.

S~
I saw that later on after post but couldn't take it off last night cause time expired but mostly wanted to post the Robert Vaughn one with Vaughn and McCallum (Ducky) having a man from Uncle Reunion on NCIS!! :) Sorry