NCIS

They could bring in Agent Boren or the one that came in to teach the guys that was a friend of Tim's in his younger years, I can't remember her name though.

11/14/17 Almost stopped watching halfway through. These stories are just getting unwatchable, maybe 2017 will be my last year for the three NCIS's

11/14/17 Almost stopped watching halfway through. These stories are just getting unwatchable, maybe 2017 will be my last year for the three NCIS's
I say the original needs to go because it has gotten very long in the tooth. I still like New Orleans and never watched the L.A. version.

Ziva and Tony were a loss but the character I miss the most is Mike. None, and I mean none, of the current supporting cast has any real personality. As for Cote De Pablo, she hasn't disappeared, she's done one mini-series for TV and two theatrical films.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I say the original needs to go because it has gotten very long in the tooth. I still like New Orleans and never watched the L.A. version.
My feelings about the three NCIS clones:
NCIS NOLA barely the best of the three shows. TOO much retribution and little true law enforcement
NCIS long in the tooth yes, lost too many "STARS". Bishop has never developed into a believable character. McGee is developing an old age paunch. Jimmy doesn't show the intelligence to replace Ducky. Boren would be an interesting character to develop but she and Gibbs would probably clash. Torres???????????????????

NCIS LA International "SPIES" TOO MUCH violence blowing up buildings, cars etc...Way too much gunfire and for shooting scenes on the target range they are lousy shots in the field.

These are at the end of their life and CBS doesn't seem to have anything for replacements.
CBS is using a scatter gun and just shooting out a bunch of look a likes they hope one will take root for a couple of seasons.

Obviously a HUGE suspension of disbelief is needed with NCIS. Not to the Hawaii 5-0 level but very close.

With (regular) NCIS you must accept the same problem that happened with the old "Murder She Wrote" series, which is people within a small population (small town in Maine, Navy personnel assigned to DC region) are being murdered at alarming rates. You must also accept that people will investigate such killings with a depth and vigor not exhibited by any LE unit anywhere in the world, and that same people, when not looking in this, have a side job as spy smashers, and will be sent all over the world to interact with targets, to places the USA and USMC are already deployed. And that meaningless phrases like "work harder" and "pull out all the stops" are valid LE strategies.

With LA you have to accept that the NCIS, a bureaucratic agency mostly dealing with government contractors and dope dealing/taking sailors, is really a super secret spy smasher agency and that LA has more spies that Geneva during WWII and more explosions that Beirut in the 1970s. All run by a 80 year old 4 foot nothing ex-spy, with a female sniper so good she is sent to war zones already flush with snipers, an is he a muslim or not ex-SEAL, and somebody the ex-spy fished out of some orphanage somewhere.

With NOLA you have to accept that the NCIS, a bureaucratic agency mostly dealing with government contractors and dope dealing/taking sailors, is really the DOJ's public corruption unit, and, despite NOLA not being a huge USN center, has a whole staff there with free reign to fight stereotypical pre-1970s southern pols. And have an office in a house on Bourbon Street.

With all you also have to accept that there is no bad guy with enough basic marksmanship skills as to be able to hit the broad side of a barn, something any good gun store can teach you in a few days.

It is what it is.

Obviously a HUGE suspension of disbelief is needed with NCIS. Not to the Hawaii 5-0 level but very close.

With (regular) NCIS you must accept the same problem that happened with the old "Murder She Wrote" series, which is people within a small population (small town in Maine, Navy personnel assigned to DC region) are being murdered at alarming rates. You must also accept that people will investigate such killings with a depth and vigor not exhibited by any LE unit anywhere in the world, and that same people, when not looking in this, have a side job as spy smashers, and will be sent all over the world to interact with targets, to places the USA and USMC are already deployed. And that meaningless phrases like "work harder" and "pull out all the stops" are valid LE strategies.

With LA you have to accept that the NCIS, a bureaucratic agency mostly dealing with government contractors and dope dealing/taking sailors, is really a super secret spy smasher agency and that LA has more spies that Geneva during WWII and more explosions that Beirut in the 1970s. All run by a 80 year old 4 foot nothing ex-spy, with a female sniper so good she is sent to war zones already flush with snipers, an is he a muslim or not ex-SEAL, and somebody the ex-spy fished out of some orphanage somewhere.

With NOLA you have to accept that the NCIS, a bureaucratic agency mostly dealing with government contractors and dope dealing/taking sailors, is really the DOJ's public corruption unit, and, despite NOLA not being a huge USN center, has a whole staff there with free reign to fight stereotypical pre-1970s southern pols. And have an office in a house on Bourbon Street.

With all you also have to accept that there is no bad guy with enough basic marksmanship skills as to be able to hit the broad side of a barn, something any good gun store can teach you in a few days.

It is what it is.
You gotta know that NONE of these shows are suppose to be real, that goes for ALL of them.
If your expecting them to go on like Real everyday life actually goes, you'd be waiting a month for a DNA match, an autopsy and a bunch of other stuff.

Those of you that critic these shows like they are real SHOULDN'T ...

Last edited:
I don't mind continuing storylines. I hate when they leave you hanging with an explosion and a team member on the ground because there are no episodes until after the Olympics or it's the season finale. I would have preferred a regular episode and then pick up the storyline afterwards.

S~

This is like the old serial movies in the 40s and 50s. They leave you with a cliff hanger and you have to come back to see what happens. Even Batman and Robin in the 60s used to do this each week. Holy Bat Sh*t Batman! :D

The rest of this month will be boring because none of my shows on network stations are on just reruns which sucks.
Yeah, i noticed my tvio's to do list was pretty much empty. I think I may fire up Netflix, and finish off a couple shows (like Grimm) that I quit watching before the final season. Or even some of the Marvel shows Netflix produced.

Yeah, i noticed my tvio's to do list was pretty much empty. I think I may fire up Netflix, and finish off a couple shows (like Grimm) that I quit watching before the final season. Or even some of the Marvel shows Netflix produced.
That's pretty much what I'm doing. Good time to play catch up and to maybe look at some originals on streaming I haven't watched yet.