@nd receiver question?

rjssox

Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
I was wondering if I bought a second vip211 off of ebay or elsewhere could I hook it up on my own and not incur a monthly fee for that receiver?I currently have a vip622 going to 2 tvs.Also if this is possible would I split the cable that comes in from the dish before it reaches the diplexer and send the second cable to the other hd tv that I want.I just do not want to buy a second receiver if I can't set it up or incur a monthly bill.

Thanks for any help you may give.

Rick

You would have to activate the receiver through Dish - thus pay a 2nd recvr fee.
You need a seperate cable, Dish to receiver. You cannot split!!!!!
If you decide to buy off ebay, get the receiver R00 number first. Call Dish to make sure it's 'clear' of all fees. If not, they won't activate it at all.

fred

So it makes no sense to purchase one.

Other than the fact that you can sell it later and probably recoup most of your purchase price, and you avoid the lease fee in addition to the aforementioned additional receiver fee. Purchasing will probably save you $6 per month on your bill.

How do you sell a VIP221

I thought that E* did NOT sell the VIP series of boxes I thought that they only LEASED them.
So how in the world did any one on E-bay have a VIP to sell in the first place?

Many places sell the VIP receivers. Dishstore sells a ton. E may only lease them, but Im sure its much much cheaper to buy them elsewhere.

The advantage of buying is like was said before you can always sell it and also you are not tied into another contract if you did DIU to get another receiver. But yes you always pay the additional receiver fee.

Other than the fact that you can sell it later and probably recoup most of your purchase price, and you avoid the lease fee in addition to the aforementioned additional receiver fee. Purchasing will probably save you $6 per month on your bill.

Wrong, you still pay the additional fee.

Only practical reason to buy is if you have more than 4 tuners, or avoid the contract if that's an issue for you.

thanks

You would have to activate the receiver through Dish - thus pay a 2nd recvr fee.
You need a seperate cable, Dish to receiver. You cannot split!!!!!
If you decide to buy off ebay, get the receiver R00 number first. Call Dish to make sure it's 'clear' of all fees. If not, they won't activate it at all.

fred

For the valuable information

so basically the lease fee and additional receiver fee are the same thing now, just a matter of wording if it is owned or leased. Is the additional receiver fee still $5 then?

If so you could save a whopping $2 a month!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts