Neat adaptation of my Corotor polarity/skew control

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nice....when will they be available for purchase?:)
You will need to talk to the fellow who made the video. Ante moved to the US from Croatia 3 yrs ago and is obviously good with his hands.
Kinda reminds me of another Croatia immigrant we all owe a great debt of gratitude to - Nikola Tesla.

Reactions: riz-la
Hi and I'm sorry but I use google translator to write !
I would like to show you some pictures of modification vbox
Beck side of vbox
IMG_20141026_194302.jpg

Inside vbox . I use 5 volt from vbox to run servo controller
IMG_20141025_145158.jpg

Servo controller + reed relay for optical sensor on right side
IMG_20141025_145140.jpg

User's Manual for Deluxe servo controller and Corotor wideband
Look in throat . Orange is the skew of the linear polarization , and green skew for circular polarization. Yellow is the dielectric must be shifted from the original position , and how to do it, you can also see on one of my yutube video .

This modification of Corotor wideband allows easy use for receiving signals from all satellites polarization and when you want to receive the signal of circular polarization (SES 6 40.5 w) then just rotate the probe to position +90 and -90 degrees. To receive linear polarization probe is the +45 and -45 degrees.
Simple, right?

IMG_20141026_170356.jpg

New modification of vbox
On one PCB I add two Deluxe feedhorn servo controller and Two Port Diseqc 1.0 Switch w/ Latching Relay . Diseqc 1.0 Switch control which servo controller will operate servo on corotor . For Diseqc port A is linear polarization 45 , Diseqc port B is circular 90 .
I also using on corotor universal Ku LNB and control between C/Ku operate with Diseqc 1.1 uncommitted.

1207140926.jpg

1207140842a.jpg

1207140842.jpg

Very good job. Very neat workmanship!

I :heart that stuff. Now I'm fired up to do a project like that. I have a V-Box X that I've been patching up. (cheap plastic cases & connectors). I'll build a polarity control and fit it all together in a new box. Yes sir, an order from Digi-Key will make a great X-Mas present ;)

Very well done. I note that your dielectric has a shaft linking it to the skew arm at the bottom of the feedhorn tube; My Chapparral Corotor has no such dielectric in the tube just the skew arm. Has my Corotor lost a component on its journey to me ?
Thanks
Tony

Today I finished the servo controller which I will carry back in Croatia on vacation. In Croatia I have a 10ft MZT antenna which receive signals from 85.1 ° E to 47.5 ° W.

This controller is composed of Basic feedhorn servo controller + Deluxe feedhorn servo controller + Two Port Diseqc 1.0 Switch w / Latching Relay.
The controller has a function with DiSEqC 1.0 I choose skew 45 ° linear polarization (bacic servo controller) or 90 ° skew circular polarization (deluxe servo controler)
Power for this unit is with external power adapter .
For the box I had used the old power adapter of HP printer :rolleyes
1212141310.jpg

1212141312.jpg

1212141313.jpg

Thanks. North America corrotor is possible to convert to wide band, I can attach a pic how I did that. haha I am rizla because I worked in croatia in a local store Riz-itea :). Quit smoking more than 10 yrs ago haha

North America ( no dielectric )
IMG_20140702_163811.jpg

On left is North America with my copy of dielectric , on the right is the original
IMAG0696.jpg

On the left is North America Ku band probe , on the right I cut Ku band reflector so that it will have the same dimensions as the original.
If you don't cut the reflector on the probe you will not receive correct circular polarization especially on SES6 40.5 degrees west.
IMG_20140702_205019.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)