Need a recommend for my parents

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
My parents are 62 and just sold the farm and moved back to the suburbs outside Dayton, Ohio. They are paying $72 per month. They have a 211Z and a 722K DVR. They want to keep Dish, but are also interested in possibly paying less per month if possible.

I suggested they install an OTA antenna or have the Dish installer do it during the Dish Mover thing. Anybody know if that's possible? I know the 211Z will work with the dual adapter. Don't know about the 722K.

Their absolute "must have" channels are MTV Live, their RSN (FS Cincinnati), and EWTN (for my mom). What package(s) could they get that would cover those?

Anyway, with all these variables I'm not sure where to start or what to ask for. I'll be contacting Dish on their behalf to set all this up.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
$72 is not bad for what they are getting.

Unless they need internet, Spectrum might be the better way to go

They plan to get internet only through Spectrum.

I did some package comparisons and it looks like they could go down to the AT120+

Dish says they can keep their $40/mo discount.

Now I just need to figure out the OTA portion :)

I attempted to call Dish 3 or 4 times last night but I kept getting weird dial tones and the CSR's kept getting cut off. So I just did a Chat and got them moved down to AT120+ without locals. They allowed the $40/month credit to stay on the account, and the DVR fee remains $10, and additional receiver $7. So after tax it's $48.26. They are very happy with that.

Next item is to set up the Dish Mover and antenna install.

Reactions: HipKat
Had a brain cramp.Actually getting 100mbps (which is their advertised minimum speed.).
When I put in the zip code I see an offer for 44.95 for 100.Is that for new customers only or existing?Just curious.I imagine there is actual competition there unlike where I live-I'm almost at the end of the line.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Update: Dish upgraded their equipment to a Hopper w/Sling + Joey 1.0 with no contract.

The move/install work order also includes a free outdoor OTA install + dual dongle

VERY HAPPY CAMPER!! :clapping
When the tech shows up, have him upgrade the Joey to a Joey 3. It's no cost to do that, just a phone call

So now we have another issue. The Dish tech put the Hopper in the basement with the big TV and the Joey in my parents' bedroom, which is also where the Spectrum cable router is. The wifi signal won't reach the Hopper in the basement. Can an ethernet cable be connected to the Joey and provide internet for itself and the Hopper via a bridge?

So now we have another issue. The Dish tech put the Hopper in the basement with the big TV and the Joey in my parents' bedroom, which is also where the Spectrum cable router is. The wifi signal won't reach the Hopper in the basement. Can an ethernet cable be connected to the Joey and provide internet for itself and the Hopper via a bridge?

You will need a Hopper Internet Connection or HIC.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)