Need a recommend for my parents

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Here are a couple photos of the outside setup. I wish the tech would have just removed the existing Directv dish off the pole on the roof and mount his western arc dish up there, but he insisted on a ground pole mount. The dish pole is also where he put the Televes antenna.

Obviously, height is critical for OTA so I may just move the Televes antenna up onto the roof pole when I'm there for Christmas.

My dad said the tech left all kinds of trash around and that he complained that Dish never gives them enough time to do the jobs. Not very professional. That part is disappointing.

All that being said, the job is done and the equipment is working.

D614F581-DA9D-4064-B103-EEA8347B97D1.jpeg
616E0243-B8B3-46B7-836E-28F7BAD99C75.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
The more I look at that installation the more I shake my head. Yes, it's clean but right in the middle of the front lawn in a city neighborhood? There was no line of sight from the top of the siding? I simply see it as an eyesore as installed and wouldn't want it on my property nor on my neighbor's property either.

The more I look at that installation the more I shake my head. Yes, it's clean but right in the middle of the front lawn in a city neighborhood? There was no line of sight from the top of the siding? I simply see it as an eyesore as installed and wouldn't want it on my property nor on my neighbor's property either.

My dad thinks it was a way for the guy to cut corners and half-a** the job so he could get on to the next

Not sure if the guy was Corporate or from a third party. The install was setup through the Office of the President in Denver.
I know it is a luck of the draw. Whenever I need a home visit, I request a DISH internal from the DISH office in St Louis since I do not have any DISH retailers in my area. The CSRs say they will annotate the work order but no guarantee. So far I have been lucky. I had a DISH contractor one time and didn't care for him.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
America's Top 120 Plus would save them $10/month and would include the "must-haves." However, there are quite a bit of channels they would lose from the Top 200, and I would ensure that they do not watch those a lot. I know when we used to have Dish Latino Dos, we would get the regional sports networks. However, we had to get MTV Live via the Dish Movie Pack, but it is no longer included in the Dish Movie Pack. So, one cannot go that route now.

FMI: America's Top 120 Plus | English Programming | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

Reactions: pattykay
America's Top 120 Plus would save them $10/month and would include the "must-haves." However, there are quite a bit of channels they would lose from the Top 200, and I would ensure that they do not watch those a lot. I know when we used to have Dish Latino Dos, we would get the regional sports networks. However, we had to get MTV Live via the Dish Movie Pack, but it is no longer included in the Dish Movie Pack. So, one cannot go that route now.

FMI: America's Top 120 Plus | English Programming | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

Yep, that's what we did. Moved them to 120+

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)