Need a recommendation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I have the Geosat Pro 36" (90 cm) Ku dish. I want to buy one of those non-penetrating roof mount deals that you put cinder blocks in. The manufacturer says the J-pole that came with the dish is 1 5/8"

Will the dish work with a 2" pole? I'm looking at purchasing this: Amazon product ASIN B003L1BCCK

No but you can get pole adapters or fashion your own.
If you get an adapter, make sure it is the kind that slides down over the 2" pole.

A 1 5/8" OD post will slip inside the 2" OD NPM mast. Secure with 3 bolts set at 90 degree angles.

I don't think that will work for this dish. See photo below. The pole that came with the dish is a J-pole, so I can't see how I would slide it into the pole that comes with the mount?

New_MastClamp20110915.jpg

Well you could cut the J off, or like Brian said go to your local favorite store and get a 1 5/8(1.66) chain link fence post. Cut to the size you want. ;)
Then save you J-Pole. :)

I designed the GSP90cm hardware. Even took the photo that you posted.... LOL! :glasses

If the NPRM has a 2" OD pole, I have inserted a 1.66" OD section of galvanized post inside and cross-bolted with 3 through-bolts on several projects. The GSP 90cm bracket clamps on to the 1.66" pole. Have also used this work-around to raise the dish to see over a roof peak.

Reactions: KE4EST
I designed the GSP90cm hardware. Even took the photo that you posted.... LOL! :glasses

If the NPRM has a 2" OD pole, I have inserted a 1.66" OD section of galvanized post inside and cross-bolted with 3 through-bolts on several projects. The GSP 90cm bracket clamps on to the 1.66" pole. Have also used this work-around to raise the dish to see over a roof peak.

It sounds like one side of the NPR6B pole is 1 5/8” so I should be good with that model as-is, right?

Reactions: Titanium
8" blocks is what I have used in the past, but every mount I guess is different.

Was just looking at the mount, nope looks like all the rest. I have filled them with 8" blocks, more resistance to wind.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I've always used 8 - 8" blocks. If you look at it close you have too separate sections, or 8 corners.
I took one down that had more than that one time. I don't remember how many but it had the 8 in the corners and some in the middles too.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Don't mean to butt in. But won't a solid 4" block be as good or better, without the web openings of an 8" to collect debris and bird nests?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts