Need a suggestion about new dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If i was able to get cw with the 4 footer, you will get it with the 8 footer for sure! Do you have the titanium c band lnb?

I just don't know how you will set this up , outside in the cold and in the snow, i hope you have a heated garage , or a clear deck on a sunny day with no winds!

Make sure to hold it down properly, keep it clear of snow at all times!

I'm from quebec city by the way, and winter started about 2 weeks ago and it's here to stay. We already have a foot of snow on the ground and -10 celcius temperature.

Reactions: Andyboy90
I was not able to get CW on 91W no matter how much I fine tuned everything. I know everyone advised me against it but the ebay seller gave me a sweet deal on shipping so I ordered the 8ft dish. I really want to get into C band and this was my only option for now so I will settle for the "cheap" dish until summer 2019. It doesn't hurt to have two C band dishes. Hopefully this one would last for couple years. the only thing I am worried about is the reflector accuracy. does anyone has any experience with these dishes?

I'm not familiar that dish, but if I were you, when it comes in, I'd inspect each panel carefully to make sure they're not bent or have any big dents in them. When you get it assembled, string the dish to make sure it isn't warped. If it isn't, it should be good to go. Of course, centering the feed properly and getting the focal distance right is crucial, but I probably don't need to tell you that. :) Good luck with your purchase.

Reactions: Andyboy90

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts