Need advice for a system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Deacon_Jones

Original poster
Jun 21, 2005
Hello All,

This is an excellent forum. Looking for advice for equipment.

I am currently a long time *DTV customer and a recently upset ex-VOOM customer. I live in Hazleton Pa, 18201 and looking at getting my first FTA system.

I figure my budget would be about $600.00 to start any help on dish, receiver etc... would be very appreciated. :)

Hello and Welcome to the SatelliteGuys FTA forum :wave

I like and use the Fortec Ultra receiver it has it all.

AC3 Audio / Blind Scan / USALS

If you can hold out a few weeks the BEST LNBF you will be able to get will be the new Invacom CP/LP QPH-031 LNBF

As for a motor I like the SG2100, the bigger the dish the better, 30" minimum around 1m would be even better!

Hi Deacon_Jones, welcome to SatelliteGuys FTA :)

Your budget allows you to buy some of the best equipment so here are my recommendations:

Coolsat Pro, $130-$170 depending where you shop, I've used this receiver for a week and it's absolutely superb.
Invacom SNH-031 LNB, $40-50 - see the reviews.
SG2100 motor, $70-100, one of the better motors out there, has East/West switches on the motor to peak your true South satellite, makes aiming a lot easier.
As for choice of dish you have a huge choice with $300 left over.
Most of us cut our teeth with the Winegard 76cm but have since moved up to something bigger, check out the reviews on the Fortec dishes - the bigger the better :)

Be very careful buying from eBay, there are some good vendors but some can be shady and offer no support if you're sent faulty/incorrect gear.

If you have any more questions there's always somebody here to help out.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was just reading the review of that receiver and the Cool Sat 4000 Plus. Yes I can week a few weeks...I waiting now since Monsters HD is gone :(.

Don't really want to leave DTV since they are during that MPEG4 upgrade Since DISH does not want to waive the install fee for the 2nd dish I already have mounted on my house I said I will put my money into a FTA system.

Again thanks alot for the quick reply.

welcome :wave

I've worked with the Coolsat and the Pansats and they both are real nice units.
As both of the compadres said above, the Invacom is a nice LNB. Really helps pull the signals in.
I use the SG2100 and a 30" dish right now. In the process of upgrading to a 36"
The bigger dish will help pull in the weaker signals. Combine this with the Invacom and there is a lot you will pick up :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)