Need Advice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Milo32940

Original poster
Aug 2, 2013
United States
I presently have Brighthouse for my TV, internet and telephone. I am using a Tivo, cable card, wireless adaptor and tuning adaptor. My Tivo subscription will be up in a couple of months and with all of the problems I've had with it, I will not continue. I'm considering DirectTV as well as my present provider BHN but am not impresed with their DVR. I am paying about $190 per month with HBO and Showtime with three TVs. Questions:
1. How well does Genie perform? I'm looking mainly from the standpoint of user friendliness. Can it be set up so that all TVs have access to it? What do I need to do this?
2. Can I get internet and telephone service through DirectTV in Central Florida? If so, what is the quality? If not, what would be recommended?
3. What sort of contract am I looking at?
4. I would like to have less clutter and fewer boxes?
5. Are there any promotions right now that are especially worthwhile?
?As you can probably tell, I don't have much knowledge but would appreciate and advice or help that anyone can give Thanks in advance.

I presently have Brighthouse for my TV, internet and telephone. I am using a Tivo, cable card, wireless adaptor and tuning adaptor. My Tivo subscription will be up in a couple of months and with all of the problems I've had with it, I will not continue. I'm considering DirectTV as well as my present provider BHN but am not impresed with their DVR. I am paying about $190 per month with HBO and Showtime with three TVs. Questions:
1. How well does Genie perform? I'm looking mainly from the standpoint of user friendliness. Can it be set up so that all TVs have access to it? What do I need to do this?
2. Can I get internet and telephone service through DirectTV in Central Florida? If so, what is the quality? If not, what would be recommended?
3. What sort of contract am I looking at?
4. I would like to have less clutter and fewer boxes?
5. Are there any promotions right now that are especially worthwhile?
?As you can probably tell, I don't have much knowledge but would appreciate and advice or help that anyone can give Thanks in advance.

1- i think in your case the genie will perform quite well as it's superior to your tivo in my opinion. it is user friendly and i believe it can give access up to 4 tv's. if i'm wrong someone else will chime in and correct me on this. you have the genie and 3 more clients that would give you access for 3 other rooms. here's a link from directv's website that can give you some information > http://www.directv.com/technology/genie_receiver

2- i live close to the keys so am not sure about that one.

3-the contract would be for 24months. if you ever decide to update any of the equipment you will extend your contract another 24 months from the date you made the upgrade. let's say you want to replace one of the clients for a 2 tuner HD dvr, that will extend your contract.

4- the clients are pretty small so i think you'll be happy there. the genie, depending what model you get, if it's the HR34 that one is pretty large but the newer HR44 is an improved version of the genie both in size and performance.

5-the current offers are really great which includes free sunday ticket. click on this link and submit your zipcode when prompted > http://www.directv.com:80/DTVAPP/new_customer/base_packages.jsp

hope this helps a little bit.

any other questions don't hesitate to ask. welcome to satelliteguys!

Status
Please reply by conversation.