Need camera recommendations

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I'm looking to buy my wife a camera for her birthday, and would like some recommendations. I would like at least 10-12 megapixels, and at least a 10-12 times zoom. I've browsed some of the SLR cameras. But we really don't know enough about cameras to use it at their full potential. And the $800-$900 price tags are way more than we want to spend. We already have a couple cheaper cameras but they don't perform as well as she would like. It will just be used for taking pictures at family functions and around the house of my daughter. I have a Kodak 10x zoom camera that takes good pictures outdoors, but most of the indoor pics are blurry and dull. We just need a good all around camera that won't break the bank.

Got this for the wife and she loves it:

google.com/m/products/detail?q=dsc-t90+pink&source=search&channel=products&cid=9431124545860831886&ptab=c&ei=3zlsTfjCMJfarAO3t4u6Ag&ved=0CBwQ8wIwAg

35x Zoom? I may be in love...

I'm in the market for something to replace my Olympus C-765 UZ. I was looking at the Nikon Coolpix L110 and L120 cameras.

My better half wanted a small camera to keep in her purse, but she wanted a decent zoom. I got her a Canon SX210 IS (14x zoom). It's a VERY nice camera and it takes excellent pics. Even the 720p video is quite nice. This camera also supports an EyeFi. I absolutely love being able to upload pics while taking them or coming home, turning on the camera and then a few mins later all the pics are up on my NAS. I like this camera so much we didn't even take my DSLR (with assortment of lenses) on vacation this past year.

We got my step mom a Canon SX20IS last year (20x zoom). It has since been replaced with the SX30IS.

You cant go wrong with any of those.

Smokey- My wife's biggest complaint with her little Canon is the lag time between when she pushes the shutter button and when it actually takes the picture. Be sure what you select has instant response.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)