Status
Please reply by conversation.

ftamart

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Manitoba, Canada
Hi there,
My Coolsat 5000 was faulty from factory, and the place I bought from gave me a hard time returning it and finally offered me Viewsat Ultra because they didn't have Coolsats anymore.
Unlike the Viewsat Xtreme, the Ultra works pretty good with a motor. The only problem I have is editing the channels. Channel Master loads the channel file showing the satellites as 0.0 degrees, but the satellite file has the correct degrees for the satellites. When I load these files into the receiver, the receiver records two satellites with the same name, one with the actual degrees and the other one with 360W. The 360 degree one has the transponders and channels, and the "actual degree" one has the satellite info such as USALS. If I delete the 360W satellite, it deletes all the channels. This same thing happens for all the satellites.
The receiver still turns the motor nicely and works good if I don't delete the extra satellites. The only problem is when I manually try to add a new satellite, it gets confused with the other satellites.
The receiver has factory firmware v1.22.
When I try to open the downloaded (from the receiver) channel file with ODSedit, the software closes (sometimes with an error). This happens even with ODSedit v2.

I think I need a different channel editor. Can someone please recommend one? Or could it be something else that I am having problems with?

Thanks in advance,

ftamart

ultra bugs

I think it's their channel-format that messes up channel master, I've been looking for one too but had no luck. I notice when I add a new sat to my ultra, and put in the right longitude-it still adds {360W} to it anyway. Their firmware must just be buggy in that respect. I have not tried their newest file yet to see if it helped (vers1.24 is on viewsat's support page)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts