Need Coolsat 5000 Platinum help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I remember Iceberg also mentioning LO. What is LO and where do I set it? I don't recall seeing anything on the setup menu called LO.

Gabshere: Oh yeah!! I think I understand what you mean when you say that you "set up a satellite for each...." That explains why I have two 116.8 satellites set up on my Coolsat 5000 receiver. One of them was probably set up for C and the other for Ku.

I remember Iceberg also mentioning LO. What is LO and where do I set it? I don't recall seeing anything on the setup menu called LO.

the LO is in the setup menu under dish ( for each satellite)

so from the menu
installation
dish setup LO is the second or third one on the list

LO for C band = 5150
LO for Ku = 10750

Huertaaj, it's labeled as 'LNB Freq' on the screen.

Attachments

• satmenu.JPG
    satmenu.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 104
Gabshere: Oh yeah!! I think I understand what you mean when you say that you "set up a satellite for each...." That explains why I have two 116.8 satellites set up on my Coolsat 5000 receiver. One of them was probably set up for C and the other for Ku.

I could be wrong here...maybe Ice or others can confirm...

I believe there are two listed, as one is for linear (H or V) polarity, and the other is for Circular (C) polarity. Since the manufacturer (firmware engineers) didn't program a three way setup configuration for one bird, it may have been easier for the manufacturers to list the same SAT twice. Once for Linear and once again for Circular polarities. "C" would not be for C-band in this case.

The LNB needs to be setup for H, V, or C polarity. You select which one via the 22kHz switch controled by the receiver and the LO (local oscillator) settings. You are still receiving only one bird, but you have to program the receiver/LNB/switch for the correct polarity setup.

If I'm not mistaken, the Coolsat 5000 is ku band only.

nope the 5000 will get C & KU...I use one in the bedroom with G18 KU/G16 C-band set up on it

If there is 2 sats set up its usually for C-band and KU....I know my 5000 I went through and removed all the C-Band sats when I first got it

nope the 5000 will get C & KU...I use one in the bedroom with G18 KU/G16 C-band set up on it

If there is 2 sats set up its usually for C-band and KU....I know my 5000 I went through and removed all the C-Band sats when I first got it

Aaaah...see! I stand corrected.

This is a first for me and shows how a lack of information spreads miss-information.

Ice, thanks for the correction. I now know more than I did earlier today.
I always thought the extra bird listing was for the sake of ku band setup.

So, really now, all I need then is a BUD to pick up KCWY13 in the C-band.

:hungry:

So, really now, all I need then is a BUD to pick up KCWY13 in the C-band.

:hungry:

yep...get a big one. My 6 footer barely makes the grade for signal....its stable most of the time at 30 quality on the Pansat (which is pretty much threshold)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts