Need coordinates

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fdjarvie

Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Need help setting up Pansat 6000

I have this system: Pansat 6000 with 76cm dish w/HH motor. My zip code is 86333. I have an installer here and I want to confirm some settings.... my true self satellite, and the Pansat 6000 installation settings.:

Ok, what are the settings you have and we will try to confirm if they are right or wrong.

This is a great place for all the information confirmation that you will need...read, and read some more...take a stab at it, and if you are wrong, we will try to help you out!

Good Luck!

location is 34.3N 112.12W

what kind of LNB? That makes a difference
closest satellite would be the new Satmex6 at 113.0

for a transponder, you can try 11920 H 3000 (freq, polarity, symbol)
its a data transponder, but will show signal

Settings

I'm not sure I know what you mean... I know NOTHING about this. I've got an installer and we just can't get anything.

I'm looking at the Antenna Setup and here's what I have:

Satellite - Anik-F1/Ku
Tuner Select - 1
LNB type - Single- SL
LNB Local-Freq. - 5150/5750
22kHz - ON
DisEqC - OFF
LNB Powwer - ON
TP - (1) 11850 H 15.554
Positioner Setting - USALS
Satellite Scan - ALL

Does this help?

fdjarvie said:
I'm not sure I know what you mean... I know NOTHING about this. I've got an installer and we just can't get anything.
can I ask why did you purchase it then? I have no issues with people buying things but if you had no idea about FTA why did you drop 700+ bucks for a setup?

I'm looking at the Antenna Setup and here's what I have:

Satellite - Anik-F1/Ku
Tuner Select - 1
LNB type - Single- SL
LNB Local-Freq. - 5150/5750
22kHz - ON
DisEqC - OFF
LNB Powwer - ON
TP - (1) 11850 H 15.554
Positioner Setting - USALS
Satellite Scan - ALL

Does this help?
Lets say you have a standard LNB. I still need to know.

LNB type is standard
LNB freq is 10750
22k off
diseqc off
LNB power on

You are going to have to add Satmex6 to your setup. In the menu

Antenna setup
edit satellite/TP
scroll to "new" and enter the info I posted in post 4 and save it

It can be frustrating at first...but as I mentioned to you earlier, it could be beneficial to read up and "not" understand what you are doing at first...so that when someone like Iceburg gives you the information that you ask for, that information that you "didn't" understand become a little clearer. I'm not trying to be mean or an ass... I'm truly trying to help you out!

Bought the system because I'm tired of being raped by the cable companies. Didn't know how to ride a bike when I got my first one either, but I do now.

The Invacom LNB Quad...is that the one that is circular and linear? What is the model # of it?

The Invacom quad has a LO of 10750

so where you have "Single SL and 5150/5750 change that to standard and LNB of 10750

Iceberg said:
What LNB do you have? Is there any numbers on it?

This is critical

I see a gold sticker on the paperwork with the following... maybe it will help.

Quad Polar Legacy 4 O/P LNB
QPH-031
10.75/11.25GHz

The screen should be like this (the satellite name and transponder will be different for yuor true south but the rest is right)

Attachments

• Pansat 6000 07.JPG
    Pansat 6000 07.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 123
Iceburg has given you all of the information that you need that would get you and your motorized setup running. I hope you and your installer is fortunate in getting sighted in. Just a bit of advice from the blind man that got me started in all of this satellite stuff...Make sure that your mast or pole that you are using is perfectly plum, level and straight. If not, you will have nothing but troubles.

Good luck!

Trying to set up my new system. Have been given 3 different coordinates by 3 different sources. I live in Mayer, AZ 86333 and the coordinates I'm using are:

Elevation - 51.1
Azimuth - 181.6
Skew - 1.4

Hope someone can tell me if these are correct... thanks! :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)