Need hair plugs after ripping my hair out (922 problems!)

SolApathy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 28, 2005
Donations are welcome for the plugs....

Here is a link to the video download. VLC media player will play the video and the audio.

LINK REMOVED Please post your video to some SAFE site such as YouTube, as the site you posted is full of Malware.

Here is the rundown. Every few hours (yes the inactivity timer is disabled) the inactive screen will be up, and ask you to press select to continue. Pressing select (after you have relinked the remote since it loses the link) will result in a blank screen. You can press menu and DVR and get those menus, and even try to playback an event. When you start the playback it will allow you to return to live TV, but no guide is available until you press the red reset button in the box.

There is also a demonstration of the remote losing it's link...

Yep I have also tried just using one remote, remotes have been replaced, box has been replaced, HDMI cable replaced, swapped to a different TV...

Just watch the video, it will show you everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
...all you had to do was click on the link , look at the "regular" and "premium" user section and wait the 60 seconds for the download.

My 922 is set for single mode and yours is set for dual mode.. I am no expert--just an end user, but I didn't think the 922 yet supports dual mode. My second remote is located like yours in the bedroom but in my bedroom I have an old dish dvr. I do have my 922 "controlling" 2 TVs, one in the living room, and a slave in the kitchen, both controlled by a single remote. My kitchen tv is component/com posit cable connected to 922 and my living room tv has not yet been upgraded to HDTV, and it is coax connected to 922 (not a supported connection from dish since 922 apparent wasn't designed for an sd tv.). Do you get any more 922 functionality on your living room tv if you set the 922 for single mode?

lol if you read the first post you would have seen the box was already replaced, same issue presented itself. After the 4th tech came out tonight they think they may have resolved it. It seemed there was some electrical feedback through the distribution block (you could feel it) . After researching it they found the ground block was also improperly secured....To a plastic pipe.

You do not lose any functionality with the STB in dual mode. I have TV 2 home distribution setup on channel 63 to my master bedroom. Works great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts