need help???? Bad.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can't get FIOS in my area, so I don't have any personal knowledge of their equipment or how they operate. My only connection to Verizon is my cell phone. :)

Very good point you make, and make me understand better.
tho I would never lease a car. purchasing something to own and using it for your moneys worth allways works for me better.

The box like a car in the old days if i got 3 years of service out of it and wanted to upgrade I could sell said box or car yes for a lose but still get something for it, in my mind the box served me well and I still got a little bit more out of it in the end $5 or $50 wouldnt matter, my money I spent for something gives me the right to do what I want with it, true?

Anyhow I see what you are saying.

Now why does Verizon a co. I dont care for not charge this lease charge? and their equipment is pretty fancy FIOS wise.

thanks again,
Mots, I'm in the same boat as you, I use to purchase ALL my own equipment and had a hard time accepting that I would be leasing soon.
What came to me that changed all of my thinking was when I lease and have the PP IF anything goes wrong with the unit,I am not out the $ 800 I would have paid and they would send me out a new one, or deliver it either way.
Had I bought out right and had problems, I would be OUT that money ...

I have a tendency to buy / lease something when it's brand new, therefore you can expect some issues till the kinks are worked out, this is also where the leasing came in handy.

Jimbo

Mots, I'm in the same boat as you, I use to purchase ALL my own equipment and had a hard time accepting that I would be leasing soon.
What came to me that changed all of my thinking was when I lease and have the PP IF anything goes wrong with the unit,I am not out the $ 800 I would have paid and they would send me out a new one, or deliver it either way.
Had I bought out right and had problems, I would be OUT that money ...

I have a tendency to buy / lease something when it's brand new, therefore you can expect some issues till the kinks are worked out, this is also where the leasing came in handy.

Jimbo

yes sir, very good point I didnt even think about.

Now I am going to be a pain in the A!@, but I ask to learn, :) Why is d's box's worth 800 or so and their competitor Verizon who has the same feed as D's only worht the $5 or $6 a month fee?

thanks, you all have been very hepfull, and I am starting to realize Im living in a box:)

Not sure of the models that Verizon uses, but I would venture to guess that if you went out and tried to buy outright the same type of box, you would be looking at more than just $5-6. It may or may not be as expensive as the D* HDDVR, but it ain't gonna be cheap for sure.

Well, I paid something like $250 for a SD DVR about 4-5 years ago and own it. It has been deactivated and has been sitting in my garage for over a year. The value is probably $10 or so (mainly for the 40 GB hard drive). The leased SD DVR is $99 up front charge. I'd rather save the $151 difference than own something which has very little true value for me. The $4.99/month charge is there whether you own or lease the receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)