Need help connecting 3 sat. inputs to three receivers!

Stingray

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
Posted: Tue 09 Dec, 2003 Post subject: Need help to connect 61.5 & 110/119 dishes to 6000 rcvr.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Requesting a more complete and technical response!!!

I have a 500 dish with two DUAL LNB's (4 wires) feeding into 2 SW21 switches and then to a PVR 501 and a PVR 508. I also have a 300 dish (for 61.5) with a dual LNB (2 wires) feeding directly to my 6000 (only). Just one output of this LNB is in use.

I would like to feed the 6000 from the 500 dish as well as the 300 in order to get all SD and HD programming (and a more complete program guide) on the HD output of the 6000.

What exactly do I need to do this? Do I have to replace the dual LNB's on the 500 dish with twins? Do Ineed a SW64 switch. How should the connections go?

The goal here is to feed all three sources 110/119 and 61.5 into all three receivers. My next big purchase will be the 921, so if possible any switches that I add now can continue to be used after the 921 arrives to replace the 501.

Please advise!!

Thanks, Stingray

It's me again...... just looked on the E* installation diagrams pages and found schematics of what I THINK I need. The drawing shows three Satellite Grade Splitters and one (or more) SW64 switches.

Are these splitters something different from the SW21 switches that I currently have?

If so, it looks like I need to buy the 3 splitters and the SW64 switch to feed my 3 receivers from the 3 sources.

Can the SW64 switch be mounted in a weatherproof box outside? It would sure make my job simpler!

If I have it wrong, pleae let me know! Thanks, Stingray

The SW64 can be mounted outside even without a weatherproof box. Mine has been out there for ages without any problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)