Need Help coolsat 7100 + Dish + Rotor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTA EAST

Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Hi,
I have Coolsat receiver 7100 micro-PVR and fta dish 90 cm with stab rotor HH90 .
I live in Canada and my located code post is J7V 8M7, i try to set my dish ,rotor and my receiver with information who i found in internet but, i have a problem. I can't find any satellite.I think my information in receiver is not correct or my dish is not positioned very well.

Please Help.
I take some pictures.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Receiver.JPG
    Receiver.JPG
    505.5 KB · Views: 202
  • Receiver2.JPG
    Receiver2.JPG
    550.4 KB · Views: 180
  • Receiver3.JPG
    Receiver3.JPG
    449.1 KB · Views: 182
  • Dish.JPG
    Dish.JPG
    321.5 KB · Views: 178
  • Rotor.JPG
    Rotor.JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 178
  • LNB.JPG
    LNB.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 171
What kind of LNBF is that? I don't recognize it, but if it is a Standard Linear LNBF, the LNB Frquency in the first picture should be 10750....? If the LNBF is a Universal LNBF, then the LNB Type in the first picture should be Universal, and that would change the LNB Frequency to 9.750/10.600, and change the 22KHz to AUTO... Hope this helps...!!

As far as I can see, the motor and dish alignment looks good for the Stab90. Is the dish facing your true south (~73W) when the motor is showing 0 degrees?

Nlbf

HI,
Thank you voom voom my lnbf is FTA-S1 Standard Linear Single.I try with 10750 but no changes a same message 0 satellite and 0 channel .
Please another question is how can i check my lnb if is working?
Thanks.

Mr.Arizona thank you too , actually i don't no how can i verify this information (true south (~73W) when the motor is showing 0 degrees?).
Please tell me what how?
Thank you.

There is no "test" of an LNB, besides connecting it to a known working setup.

The whole Motor setup only works if you set up to Your Trues South Sat first.
Is the Motor at Zero?
Also, it is easier if you can bring the Receiver and a small TV to the Dish.

Going by your Postal Code, Your True South Sat is Horizons 2 @ 74 west (may also be called SBS6, Galaxy 17 the names have changed a few times recently)

With the Motor at Zero:
Motor Latitude Angle: 45.4°
Dish elevation: 38° (the Dish Elevation markings are known to be Off + or - a few degs)Azimuth (magn.): 194.9° using Compass, due South, remember that the Compass will give a false reading if too close to the Dish.
If you don't have a compass, with the Motor at Zero, you can rotate the Motor and Dish as one to the Left and Right. Make sure you have a Live Transponder selected in the Setup Menu. See "The List" Tab at the top of the Web Page for a list of Satellites and Transponders. For Horz. 2 @ 74 west: ONN Channel TP: 11733

Have you gone here for help aiming:
Satellite Look Angles Satellite Heading Calculator Azimuth Elevation Skew Tilt LNBF Latitude and Longitude values
Enter your Postal Code or address in the Location, then select Your Motor from the Sat. List and Click "GO"

After panning Left / Right and you don't get any Quality reading, try raising / lowering the Dish Elevation 1 deg and repeat panning(do not adjust the Motor setting)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)