Need Help Deciding

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cgraigy11

Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
Newbie here, sorry for the pathetic question(s). I would like to get DirecTV, I guess that's step one right? Next, I would like TIVO and HD. I don't really care about the HD TIVO, just want to be able to record shows.

- So I'm assuming I can have a TIVO receiver to record shows, and the HD receiver to get my HD?

- Does anybody have any luck with the OTA antenna getting HD signals? CBS, NBC, ABC, etc. Is it worth it?

- Is there a website somewhere that allows somebody to find out HD signal availability given a home address for the OTA broadcasts?

- Do all football games in the NFL package broadcast in HD?

I have tons of questions, not sure I'm ready to make the leap from cable into the world of satellite. Thanks for any help.

~Chris

cgraigy11 said:
Newbie here, sorry for the pathetic question(s). I would like to get DirecTV, I guess that's step one right? Next, I would like TIVO and HD. I don't really care about the HD TIVO, just want to be able to record shows.

- So I'm assuming I can have a TIVO receiver to record shows, and the HD receiver to get my HD?

- Does anybody have any luck with the OTA antenna getting HD signals? CBS, NBC, ABC, etc. Is it worth it?

- Is there a website somewhere that allows somebody to find out HD signal availability given a home address for the OTA broadcasts?

- Do all football games in the NFL package broadcast in HD?

I have tons of questions, not sure I'm ready to make the leap from cable into the world of satellite. Thanks for any help.

~Chris
Yes you can get TiVo and HD as separate receivers
OTA depends on where you live and what is broadcast there.
www.antennaweb.org seems to be a good site.
No all football games are not being broadcast in HDTV more will be this year than were available last year but not all will be. :)

That's probably really annoying to have 2 receivers going into one Tv. So anytime you want to watch HD switch to another input, and anytime you want to watch something "tivo'd" you have to switch to the Tivo receiver. Hmmm, interesting, probably stupid too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts