Need help finding AMC 21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jullius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
La Crosse, WI
Hi

I'm rather new to FTA, I started with a fixed setup a few weeks ago and just added an HH motor yesterday. I have been able to lock onto several satellites now, but I have been looking forward to getting AMC 12 for the PBS stations.

I don't have the best view of the southern sky living in a city, my neighbors have huge trees, but a have a few good open shots.

Right now I can get Galaxy 18 fine, so I'm thinking I should be able to get AMC 12 because it's only 2degrees away. Is this satellite's signal a bit weak? I didn't notice any strong transponders listed on the The List.

One other question, I notice Lynsat's frequencies differ from The List sometimes. I'm guessing The List is more up-to-date then Lyngsat?

Thanks

Start with Lyngsat's freq.
I think "The List's" freq are from blind scans.
The 12180 V 30000 is pretty strong.
Can you get anything past 125, like 127 or 129?

Thanks, I think my neighbor's tree is getting in the way for anything beyond 123W because I can't hit anything above there and I have had good luck hitting sats below 123.

Thanks, I think my neighbor's tree is getting in the way for anything beyond 123W because I can't hit anything above there and I have had good luck hitting sats below 123.

Do you have enough leeway to move the dish's location just a bit to clear the trees? Man, that's got to be frustrating.

Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)

utc time to est conversion looks like 3:52 PM for me. On March 04, 2009 just three minutes but it will take some of the guess work out for sure. I will be running around the lot that day to see if I can get any lower sats that day.

Sun Outage Prediction for AMC-21 at 235.00 degrees East during 2009 March Equinox
Territory United States
City Boston
Antenna diameter 90.00 m
Frequency band Ku
Date Start time (UTC) End time (UTC) Duration (min)
04 March 2009 20:52 20:55 3

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)