Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jullius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
La Crosse, WI
Hi

I'm rather new to FTA, I started with a fixed setup a few weeks ago and just added an HH motor yesterday. I have been able to lock onto several satellites now, but I have been looking forward to getting AMC 12 for the PBS stations.

I don't have the best view of the southern sky living in a city, my neighbors have huge trees, but a have a few good open shots.

Right now I can get Galaxy 18 fine, so I'm thinking I should be able to get AMC 12 because it's only 2degrees away. Is this satellite's signal a bit weak? I didn't notice any strong transponders listed on the The List.

One other question, I notice Lynsat's frequencies differ from The List sometimes. I'm guessing The List is more up-to-date then Lyngsat?

Thanks

Start with Lyngsat's freq.
I think "The List's" freq are from blind scans.
The 12180 V 30000 is pretty strong.
Can you get anything past 125, like 127 or 129?

Thanks, I think my neighbor's tree is getting in the way for anything beyond 123W because I can't hit anything above there and I have had good luck hitting sats below 123.

Thanks, I think my neighbor's tree is getting in the way for anything beyond 123W because I can't hit anything above there and I have had good luck hitting sats below 123.

Do you have enough leeway to move the dish's location just a bit to clear the trees? Man, that's got to be frustrating.

Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)

utc time to est conversion looks like 3:52 PM for me. On March 04, 2009 just three minutes but it will take some of the guess work out for sure. I will be running around the lot that day to see if I can get any lower sats that day.

Sun Outage Prediction for AMC-21 at 235.00 degrees East during 2009 March Equinox
Territory United States
City Boston
Antenna diameter 90.00 m
Frequency band Ku
Date Start time (UTC) End time (UTC) Duration (min)
04 March 2009 20:52 20:55 3

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)