Need help getting 87W for RTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
So I can pull in 91W (ARTS TV) and 83W (PA CABLE NETWORK)
83 W seems weaker than 91 W

Having some fun getting 87W

Is there a trick?
I have a 13K LNB and a 7.5' dish.
Central NY State.

Thanks

Try these DVB-S TP's Weaker of the two>> 3842 H 6150 or 4043 H 3910 to 'tune up' on.
I'm going to call the RTV mux 'marginal' . I don't have quite enough Q to 'pull it in ' as I type.
Is there a trick?
Being in a 'hotspot' in the footprint, or a very large dish, maybe???????

Dish might be marginal for S2 stuff , and I think those feeds are. But I could be wrong! Tweak , tweak and tweak once you get on 87.

I have two 7.5ft mesh and one 10ft mesh. I thought after tweaking the 7.5ft that I was getting it all, but after using my 10ft now, I realize what a difference it makes on S2 channels. Most of the time, they POP in, where in the past I had a delay for it to lock, if at all.

Bigger is more signal captured.

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1391782736.974276.jpg

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If I'm not mistaken, didn't one of the receivers have a problem locking that TP? Can't remember which one but I do believe one was problematic.

I told the guy we need a 10' dish. The 7.5 is not cutting it.
I have the blue receiver that RTV sells it's stations.

I am scanning with another receiver since the blue one is not as sensitive.
I did get 89 W and 3752 V from 87 W BUT no stations.

I am looking to get the 10' from the neighbor :)

After doing a bit of reading I am going to try a C1-PLL C-band Phase-Locked Loop LNBF By Titanium Satellite. It's been a while since I bought any sat stuff and I have a 5' at home I want to try it on too. I am still going to try to get the 10' just in case.

The money keeps flowing. Just ordered a sh-200 meter. I have the LNB just need to install it and try with the old analog meter till I get the new meter.

LNB installed. It's gets more BUT still not RTV. Need to spend more time tweaking and keep looking for the meter to show up.

I found a 10' and installed it. I am on 87W BUT still no RTV. I can get 4149 H
KUKC
is this the strongest transponder?

Thanks

For me the RTV transponder peaks east of the others. Like it has interference from 89W but there is no C-Band there so I'm not sure what the deal is. But it has been a bugger to nail down at times.

In my case, position is critical for RTV on 87w. A couple clicks east or west on the Vbox and it's gone. To get a good lock on those S2 TP's, running anything less than a 10' would cause a problem in my case here on the West Coast. Good Luck to you, RTV is certainly worth having ... lots of good stuff to see!

I got a c1 lnb to see if i could lock rtv on my 8 footer. NO Luck.
So i went back to the c/ku lnb
I spent hours trying to get rtv but no luck. for now we watch metv for old show's. But i enjoyed he man when it was on KU.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts