Need help hooking up dish and receivers...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

onyx1121

Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
I previously posted for some help on what I needed to buy, and I got everything, but I am still a little confused. Hoping someone here can help me out.

I bought the following:

- Slimline dish (5 LNB dish) here DIRECTV Five LNB Ka/Ku Slim Line Dish Antenna for MPEG-4 C HD Programming (AU9-S) | AU9-S [DIRECTV Slim Line] | au9s a9s aus au-s aus9 aus-9 mpeg4 directv hd local channels at-9 at 9 Ka/ku dish directv Ka-ku SL-5 AU9-SL5 AU9SL5 SL-5 ku band ka band d

- WB68 here Zinwell WB68 DIRECTV Approved Wide Band Frequency (Ku/Ka) 6x8 Multiswitch (WB68) | WB68 [Zinwell] | au9 au9-s au9s au 9 WB-68 WB 68 6x8 6 x 8 Ka Ku switch ku ka switch wide band switch Ka-ku dish ku band ka band dish Ka/Ku Ka-Ka Ka-Ku Ku-Ka KuKa KuKa

Now, I have a legacy HDVR2 tivo (non-HD) and a new HR22-100. The satellite dish I got has four connectors on it. I plan to wire these four connectors in to the WB68 multiswitch. I believe I just connect two cables for the HDVR2 (legacy) to the multiswitch as I had done before.

From there I am a little confused on the HR22-100 side. My questions are:

1.) Do I need B-band converters? I have tried reading and I still don't understand whether I need them or not...

2.) Do I hook one input to the HR22-100 from the multswitch, or do I attach two cables? Again, I have tried reading and I am confused here.

Here is a picture of my perceived setup thus-far, in case it helps for you to see what I have and am thinking.

directv.jpg

I really appreciate everyone's help! This is not as easy as I had thought it would be.

First off, you don't need the WB68. I won't hurt, but it doesn't help.

The diagram is correct (as far as you've gone) and you need BBCs on the two lines going into the HR22 (with or without the WB68).

I would recommend that you plug the HR22 (with BBCS) into ports 1 and 2 of either the LNB or the WB68 outputs.

Okay, so to clarify, I need two BBC's as shown below to hook up the HR22-100?

directv2.jpg

I chose to use the WB68 because I may add more receivers in the future.

Wouldn't it have been cheaper to go through DircrTV and get the install and all the needed hardware for free, Slimline Ant, cables, etc,. And have the install done right the first time.

Meh, money is not really an issue here. I'd prefer not to involve DirecTV and just figure it out myself.

So is the diagram above correct then?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

the new 9 favorite channel screen

reworking sat setup need advise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)