Need Help Identifying This Old Receiver Please

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Shucks yall...
I can remember when I got my first C Band system HBO, The Movie Channel, and all the other great shows were FREE!!!! Even the XXX stuff was too!!! (I know... shame on me...)
and then GI raised its ugly head with the scrambling monster...
Bye...Bye, freebies....

Shucks yall...
I can remember when I got my first C Band system HBO, The Movie Channel, and all the other great shows were FREE!!!! Even the XXX stuff was too!!! (I know... shame on me...)
and then GI raised its ugly head with the scrambling monster...
Bye...Bye, freebies....

When I got my first system HBO & SHOW were scrambled but not too many others. I do remember seeing HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, TMC etc ITC at showrooms a couple years before I got my system . Those sure were the days. :)

Geeze... I remember seeing Skyvision showing their equipment on one of the satellite channels... I believe it was some guy with a beard and a nice lady showing off the receivers and accessories...
And all those monster dishes and arms.... :p
I think Shop At Home did too...
Correct me if I am wrong...

No your right Skyvision had there own show so did The Sky Store, Green Sheets, and we can't forget Satellite City with there King viper.

Actually the guy with the beard, Alan still answers the phone from time to time if you call Skyvision. The blond girl was last seen on some shopping channel.

Tony, my original receiver was a Drake and it had an H/V button on the front (something like the button to the left of those 12 buttons), they only needed to go through 12 channels of one or the other. Then you had to use the Rotor (yes, an antenna rotor) to turn the feedhorn 90 degrees to change polarity and it didn't matter if you switched the H/V switch or not, you still had only 12 channels to go through. I think it was more to keep you aware of where you were? The Canadians used to list there sats with 1-12a and 1-12b channels ( one was H and one was V), they may still do it?

Al
Stilll have the rotator motor on my 10' dish... ;)

like a dummy I left my hand crank outside and it rusted up solid... and also let my rotor controllor ruin (tenna)... I could have gotten some rack mounted C-Band stuff when my local rural cable system sold out to the nearby city... ( I visited them a few times)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts