need help lost hd chennels in low number

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MIKE1632

Original poster
Jul 9, 2011
north carolina
my hd channels have moved from low numbers to a high numbers. when i called dish i was told all the hd core channels were moving off 61.5. i can only get 119 and 110 and 61.5. if i could get the 129 i would lose my loc. hd. the thec said the 129 was iffy live in woods and mountain in back yard

Mike1632,

I don't understand why or how the 129 satellite got into the conversation. If your locals in HD are on the 61.5 satellite, then you need the other satellites that go with that one, not 119 or 110, or 129. You need the 77 and 72 satellites. That's called the Eastern Arc. It is very likely Dish will change you for free. If you already get 61.5 chances are very high you will be able to get those other satellites also.

Like Tampa said it sounds like you need 77 and 72 added. If you want to PM me your account information I can take a look into this further and see what the best solution is for you.

Mike1632,

I don't understand why or how the 129 satellite got into the conversation. If your locals in HD are on the 61.5 satellite, then you need the other satellites that go with that one, not 119 or 110, or 129. You need the 77 and 72 satellites. That's called the Eastern Arc. It is very likely Dish will change you for free. If you already get 61.5 chances are very high you will be able to get those other satellites also.
He probably didn't know that there was even such a thing as Eastern Arc. Cut him a little slack; it's only his first post here.

If a tech determined that there was NLOS and he has to use a mixed arc install, there is a chance that some of the programing will be missing. The channels are on the higher channels just for a little time to prompt customers to call in for the migration if possible.

please turn off the caps lock. Makes it look like you're yelling

Dish has migrated most of the national HD from 61.5 over to 72.7 and its mirrored on 129. They are getting folks off of "mixed arcs" (as you have) and either to Eastern Arc (61.5/72/77) or Western Arc (110/119/129)

If you had access to 72 or 129 you wouldnt be seeing those channels in the higher up numbers and the channels would show up in the "normal" slots that you know. But seeing 61.5 only those channels are in that higher number to inform you that they will leave soon unless you change your setup

Thank, looks i'll be losing a lot of channels. do you know witch setellate they are going to 72 or 77. i maybe able to put another dish to get one of the maybe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts