Need help moving BUDs in wisconsin

Status
Please reply by conversation.

i4tas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Northern USA
I have found 4 commercial BUDs in central Wisconsin, and am looking for someone who would like to help me take them apart and split the prize. It is four 10 footers solid c-band/ku-band. They are fixed and include the mounting poles. A standard pickup truck will not work, I have seen them in person. Anyone interested please pm me! DSC_0006.JPG

Where in central WI? It is a large state with a large central area. Those reflectors do not look to be 1 piece reflectors. I also wonder why a standard pickup truck would not work

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

Where in central WI? It is a large state with a large central area. Those reflectors do not look to be 1 piece reflectors. I also wonder why a standard pickup truck would not work

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

I think they are 1-piece reflectors, but I would just take the feed supports off the dish, lay some boards across the top of the bed, turn it face down on top of the boards and strap it down.

Of course I have been known to ignore legal width limits also. ;)

they are two piece reflectors and they are in stevens point. I'd like to move all four and the mounts at in one trip about 90 minutes south down I39

they are two piece reflectors and they are in stevens point. I'd like to move all four and the mounts at in one trip about 90 minutes south down I39

I saw those lines in the reflectors but thought that was a weld or machining mark. That makes things even easier, if those dishes are the same (as they appear to be) the reflector halves should all nest.

I would make some kind of rack/open-sided crate from 2x4s and nest/stand them on their flat edge, and strap. With the tailgate down the 8 halves would fit easily in a full-sized pickup bed.

The mounts/feed supports/electronics will fit on a small trailer, or another truck.

Good luck, and...get pics! :)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)