need help please with my azbox

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
my freinds i bought a new usb stick 4 gb , i formated in fta mod and input the patch , everything does fun untill tye pannel asking me upgrade in usb mod i press ok nothing from the remote control , neither from the front pannel no ansewr , the cursor blocked in usb is there any help please . regards and sorry for disturbing with my problem .

Try the buttons on the front panel to select Format Application Area

If nothing, unplug unit from wall, remove cover, and carefully re-seat all connections.

It seems that the front panel of your box might have a loose connection! If you get no IR input and the buttons on the front don't work, this is most likely the case!

I may have mentioned it before (as well as others) but
Open the box and reseat the cables!

sorry to shout, but this suggestion seems to continually be overlooked and the same problem comes up again. I do believe that you've ruled out everything external or software related (at this point). Please open the box and report back.

Have you opened the box? You seem to have a fear of opening the box. There is nothing to fear. The problems you are experiencing suggest loose cables. Many people have reported loose cables (from shipping) on their Azbox. There are many good people here who will walk you through the process and work to get you up and running if you just hear their advice.

please open the box or find someone who is willing to do it for you.

report your findings.

Thanks

Sorry I misunderstood. No reset that I know of.

First look for the obvious. Any loose cable should be reseated. If you are unsure were a cable should go, provide a picture and someone will help you.

Also make sure the ide flash module is seated properly. It's the black (block) that has a 40 pin connecter on the bottom.

...I'm looking for a picture that was posted here of the inside of the Azbox. I will post when I find it.

Attachments

• module.jpg
    module.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 156
i have opened the box i am asking if there a special place or boton to reseat it thanks a lot

Yansolo,

When we state to "reseat" the connections, that merely means that you unplug the internal cables going from board to board within the AZBox and plug them back in.

Be careful. Some connectors have small locking mechanisms that you need to "flip a latch" in order to disconnect the cable. Also, ensure that you don't bend any pins or "flex" the printed circuit board too much when you plug them back in.

While the connector is removed, inspect the male pins on the board for anything that looks like obvious damage (bent, burnt or discolored pins, if you can see the solder joints look for any loose solder connections of the pins to the board, etc). Also, look for any loose wires where they attach to the plastic housing on the female end of the cable. All you need to inspect for is anything that is really obvious, like a wire that is hanging loose or pulled out of the connector, etc.

Poor electrical connections of the connectors seems to be a common problem after shipping of these receivers. When you unplug the cables and plug them back in (thats what we mean by reseating) the poor electrical connection is often repaired.

It is obvious that your receiver is not responding to your remote control and I think you stated that the front panel buttons do not seem to give a response either. This may be bad news if reseating the connectors doesn't help.

Since your upgrade menu appears, that means that the box isn't totally dead or too terribly corrupt. It also means that it IS identifying that something is plugged into your USB port, otherwise that menu would not appear, so that is a good sign. It simply isn't responding to external commands.

Put a new set of batteries in the remote, just to be certain and have that ruled out. You may see the "red" LED on the remote flash when you press a button, but that doesn't mean that it has enough power to transmit a signal to the box. Keep that in mind.

Can you recall anything specific that you did (like trying to access or load a specific software file or application) or something that may have happened just before the AZBox quit responding? Did you have an electrical storm or lose power to your home about the time the box quit?

How long had you been using the box before this occurred?

Try to think of anything you can that may provide clues. There may not be anything we can do to repair it, it may have simply been a component failure and nothing we can do to repair it other than returning it to the place of purchase or an authorized repair site. If you cannot seem to make any progress, contact the place you bought it from and ask them how to go about getting it exchanged or repaired.

P.S. NOTE: When you copy the firmware file to your USB stick, you need to "rename" the file. I recommend that you rename it simply as "patch" as opposed to "patch.bin". The receiver should recognize the file and state "A new version of software has been found on USB device" and then "Your cuurent version 0.9.XXXX, version available is 0.9.XXXX. Do you wish to upgrade?" If you don't see this and the box simply reboots back to TV mode, then rename the file as "patch.bin" and retry it. Some computer operating sustems will imbed the "*.bin" extension in the file name for you. If this is the case, then if you try to rename the file "patch.bin" it actually ends up being "patch.bin.bin" which confuses the AZBox and it won't acknowledge the file. This doesn't harm anything, the file is simply ignored and you will recognize that it is ignored as nothing will happen. Keep this in mind as if you put the firmware on your USB stick using a different computer, it may alter how you need to rename the file.

RADAR

Last edited:
It is obvious that your receiver is not responding to your remote control and I think you stated that the front panel buttons do not seem to give a response either. This may be bad news if reseating the connectors doesn't help.

Since your upgrade menu appears, that means that the box isn't totally dead or too terribly corrupt. It also means that it IS identifying that something is plugged into your USB port, otherwise that menu would not appear, so that is a good sign. It simply isn't responding to external commands.

Put a new set of batteries in the remote, just to be certain and have that ruled out. You may see the "red" LED on the remote flash when you press a button, but that doesn't mean that it has enough power to transmit a signal to the box. Keep that in mind.

Yeah, my Azbox stopped responding to my remote last week. No lights on my Azbox remote, but I could see the lights blinking on my TV and RS Pyramid, so I knew it was sending, but the Azbox wasn't responding. I eventually tried changing the batteries, and that seemed to fix it. The low batteries must have caused it to send corrupted signals.

P.S. NOTE: When you copy the firmware file to your USB stick, you need to "rename" the file. I recommend that you rename it simply as "patch" as opposed to "patch.bin".
The need to rename it depends on where you got the file, since if you get it from the official Azbox site where the box itself gets them, they already have the patch.bin filename. Ie from:
http://azupd.com/0.9.3725/patch.bin
replacing the 0.9.3725 in the example with the version you're looking for. Only problem then is remembering what patch.bin is which version. Get it from there, and you don't have to rename it.

Some computer operating sustems will imbed the "*.bin" extension in the file name for you. If this is the case, then if you try to rename the file "patch.bin" it actually ends up being "patch.bin.bin" which confuses the AZBox and it won't acknowledge the file.
I think I know what you're referring to here, but I don't think that it's really the fault of the OS, so much as a fault in whatever program you're using, and a problem caused by your settings in the OS. Windows has an option that does what you refer to, ie to omit known extension types when displaying the file names, however the extension info is there for programs to use, and it's up to the program itself to be smart enough not to be fooled.
Unfortunately explorer (or MyComputer) isn't written very well, and does what you describe. Programs that I write myself, when I call the OS directory/filename functions to display and alter file names, it displays the whole filename with the extension, and that mistake doesn't happen. Even if you bring up those .bin files in MS Word, and re-save, Word is smart enough not to add an extra .bin. It's just the darn MyComputer explorer program that's trying to be too smart for it's own good. But it's really not the OS, because the OS supplies the whole filename including the extension to the program, it's just that explorer chooses not to handle it properly.
I always uncheck that "Hide known extensions" option in the "view" tab of explorer options. That way there shouldn't be any likelihood of adding an additional .bin to the filename.

Yeah, my Azbox stopped responding to my remote last week. No lights on my Azbox remote, but I could see the lights blinking on my TV and RS Pyramid, so I knew it was sending, but the Azbox wasn't responding. I eventually tried changing the batteries, and that seemed to fix it. The low batteries must have caused it to send corrupted signals.

Yes, this can be very misleading. I always keep a fresh set of batteries on hand for all my remotes and especially for my wireless keyboard and mouse. You wouldn't believe how bad your typos become when your remote keyboard batteries run low. It gets really squirrelly! LOL

The need to rename it depends on where you got the file, since if you get it from the official Azbox site where the box itself gets them, they already have the patch.bin filename. Ie from:
http://azupd.com/0.9.3725/patch.bin
replacing the 0.9.3725 in the example with the version you're looking for. Only problem then is remembering what patch.bin is which version. Get it from there, and you don't have to rename it.

In this instance, I created a NEW FOLDER and named it AZBOX IMAGES. Within this folder, I created other NEW FOLDERS and named them AZBOX IMAGE 0.9.abcd, AZBOX IMAGE 0.9.bcde, AZBOX IMAGE 0.9.cdef etc. (for examples). When I download the image files, I direct them to the folder with the appropriate extension of their version. This way I keep all the files straight in my mind and can easily navigate to whichever version I want to use. It works well for me.

I think I know what you're referring to here, but I don't think that it's really the fault of the OS, so much as a fault in whatever program you're using, and a problem caused by your settings in the OS. Windows has an option that does what you refer to, ie to omit known extension types when displaying the file names, however the extension info is there for programs to use, and it's up to the program itself to be smart enough not to be fooled.
Unfortunately explorer (or MyComputer) isn't written very well, and does what you describe. Programs that I write myself, when I call the OS directory/filename functions to display and alter file names, it displays the whole filename with the extension, and that mistake doesn't happen. Even if you bring up those .bin files in MS Word, and re-save, Word is smart enough not to add an extra .bin. It's just the darn MyComputer explorer program that's trying to be too smart for it's own good. But it's really not the OS, because the OS supplies the whole filename including the extension to the program, it's just that explorer chooses not to handle it properly.
I always uncheck that "Hide known extensions" option in the "view" tab of explorer options. That way there shouldn't be any likelihood of adding an additional .bin to the filename.

I ran into this filename problem because Opensat and other sources are providing the same files, but sometimes with different filename structures. I adopted the rule to rename my firmware file as "PATCH" first and then if the receiver doesn't acknowledge that, I rename it "patch.bin" and try once again. I found this to simply be the easiest for me personally, then I don't really have to think about it too much. I keep the original downloaded file in its folder and "copy" it to my USB drive, then rename it after it is on the USB drive.

UN-Checking the "HIDE KNOWN EXTENSIONS" option is a good idea! Then you can see what the file name really is (the whole filename with its extension). I guess I don't understand the reason behind hiding the extension in the first place. Why bother with hiding three letters? I guess someone had a reason. I would prefer to see these extensions myself.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)