Need help please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Speedy212

Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Newark, NJ
Hi everyone,

I am new to Satellite Guys and need help.

I have Cablevision and live in Newark NJ.

I hate Cablevision....so many reasons to post.

I want to order DirecTV but need help.

I would order thru AAA.

I live in a building and want two HR23's.

Dish would go on roof and comes down to first floor from 5 story building.

I had new cables ran from Cablevisions one year ago.

Can I use existing Cablevision lines? Lines read 3000mhz.
Neighbors Direct TV reads 3Ghz.
Is this better for such a long run of cable?
I would definately want a SWM install.
With two HR23's, would I get a SWM8 install?

Lastly is it really worth paying 199 for an additional reciever that I wont own?

Thanks

Lines should be fine as long as they are at least RG-6 or RG-11 cable. It should say that on the side of the cable. As far as the SWM install, it all depends on what the guy has. Usually they use a SWM for installs that use over 5 tuners. You would be only using 4. It also depends on where the receivers will be located. If it is a place where it might be hard to run 2lines to the DVR and the installer has a SWM on the truck, you would probably be in luck. Let us know what happens.

I got a SWM in March with 4 receivers installed (only one HD DVR). So I guess they could have done the same installation with 5 lines from the antenna without the SWM.

Very shortly after the installation I cancelled one of the receivers because I decided to "share" a box with 2 TV (works great by the way although both TVs get the same channel). DTV gave me ABSOLUTELY not static about canceling one receiver. After about a month, they sent me a prepaid box to ship the unit back to them.

Note: I didn't plan to cancel just to get a SWM switch installation, but maybe it helped with an initial order for 4 receivers. Even with the cabling I had to buy for the "shared" receiver, I figure I'm making money right from the day of cancellation since I have one less HD receiver ($99 plus $6 monthly.)

Thanks. I will check cables.
D* won't give me 2nd HR23 for $99.
I will wait I guess. Or go to E*

What is hilarious is that Cablevision just called me an hour ago offering me their Triple play again for two years this time around instead of one! $99 Triple Play.

I really want D* though.
Most people I know have it and love it!
I pay 84 for cable and I have no DVR anymore and no premiums! What a joke!

But the 199 is killing me!
I have kids to feed you know!

Thanks. I will check cables.
D* won't give me 2nd HR23 for $99.
I will wait I guess. Or go to E*

What is hilarious is that Cablevision just called me an hour ago offering me their Triple play again for two years this time around instead of one! $99 Triple Play.

I really want D* though.
Most people I know have it and love it!
I pay 84 for cable and I have no DVR anymore and no premiums! What a joke!

But the 199 is killing me!
I have kids to feed you know!

Just keep trying! Sometimes you have to call a few times.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts