Need Help Please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hoffman

Original poster
Jan 26, 2010
buffalo
Hello, I am new to this satellite usage. I bought a Directv box in Miami. I have my bills registered there but I live in Toronto Canada. I would like to see if there's a way to get the local channels like abc, cbs, nbc and etc. I get right now all the channels that are on the package that I am paying but none of the locals. is there a solution for that? Thank you

What you would have to do is have a service address in Buffalo. It looks like that would be your closest network affiliate. You should be able to receive their spotbeam locals from your location. Your billing address could remain at your Miami address.

Hello, I am new to this satellite usage. I bought a Directv box in Miami. I have my bills registered there but I live in Toronto Canada. I would like to see if there's a way to get the local channels like abc, cbs, nbc and etc. I get right now all the channels that are on the package that I am paying but none of the locals. is there a solution for that? Thank you

What you could do is not post in a public forum how your breaking US and Canadian law.

Is the OP really breaking US and Canadian law(s) ?

They're breaking the DIRECTV service agreement for sure.

Yes they at the very least breaking Canadian Law as CRTC ( Canadian FCC ) does not allow Canadians to view American satellite services as it violates there 40% law of Canadian programing.

On the US side they can be charged with fraud. Directv takes this qoute on qoute "Grey Market" serious and some customers have been arrested when they came back across the boarder. Then put in front of a judge on fraud charges.

Does it happen all the time no not really because most people who do this type of thing does not openly admit to it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)