Need help setting KTI elevation and zenith adjustments

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alan Rovner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Vancouver, WA
Hi guys, I have an old KTI dish I'm trying to restore and get back on the air. The documentation is very limited and has really tiny diagrams of where to adjust elevation and declination offset/zenith. Please look at the attached photos and let me know if this is where to measure angles. The elevation picture shows my angle meter on top of the mount, and I believe the other picture is showing the zenith adjustment down at the bottom of the dish. Thanks so much for any suggestions.

Alan, K7AR
KTI Elevation.jpg
KTI Dec Offset.jpg

Id say where you are measuring on the bottom photo wouls be incorrect unless that spar is not curved at all from the center of the dish. I usually use my digital inclinometer in the center portion of the dish on the back side. But its small enough to fit in there. Fatair always said take a 2x4 and lay it across the front edges of the dish and measure that way. I actually made a 2x4 that had a scarp piece nailed on the end so i could hang it on the front of my dish but figured out my inclionmeter fit on the back of the dish and never used it. However where you are measuring in the top photo is where i measure my dish. Wherever you do measure make sure you write it down and always measure from those spots when you tune up your dish.

Reactions: hank123
Actually i just looked at my measurements and i measured and recorded both places on the outside like you have yours in the top pic and 90* over between the dish and the mount.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)