need help setting up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dj_flako

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
pa
i got a motorized 90cm dish invacom quad lmb sonicview 4000 and 360 elite
i could only find 91 61.5 110 i tried a million things an nothing i have the setting i got fron satcac site im in pa zip 18202 thanks in advance

Need some more details

What switch are you using if any?

Which receiver is controlling the motor? Which motor do you have? Are you using USALS to control the motor?

When you get 91, 61.5 and 110 are you getting any channels or just Signal and Quality. 61.5 and 110 are circular and 91 is linear so that is good.

The more details you give the better we can help. :)

the switch is the diseqc that came withe the sv 4000 only got the 4000 pluged in right now i get chls the motor is set at 0 position and i move it left and right looking for my true south still at o i was told if i lock my true south the rest is history
my location
North Latitude: 40.9697
West Longitude: 75.9904

Start by reviewing the motor install instructions in the stickies of this forum....... OOPS! It's Gone!!! :eek: try: http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/190436-how-set-up-motorized-ku-band-offset-dish.html

• Set your motor scale to Latitude 41
  • Set your dish elevation angle to the correct setting indicated in the motor manual (25 deg???)
  • Connect the receiver directly to the motor
  • Connect the motor directly to the L port of the LNBF
  • Turn on the receiver and enter the installation menu
  • Set the satellite to (see below)
  • LNB to Standard
  • LO Frequency to 10750
  • Transponder Frequency to (see below)
  • Polarity to (see below)
  • Symbol Rate to (see below)
  • Motor USALS ON
  • Set the Longitude to 76W
  • Set the Latitude to 40.9N
  • Move the motor to the satellite with the "Go to Satellite" function of the receiver (or it may move on its own ... don't know this receiver).
  • Make slow and slight sweeping movements of the dish 10 degrees on either side of where you have taken the compass reading for AMC5. If you don't find the sat, increase or decrease the elevation of the dish angle by one degree and slowly sweep again. Repeat until found. Some dish angles are not very accurate, so you may have to move the elevation angle many degrees above or below the starting angle.

Last edited:
Brian...
# Set the satellite to AMC5
# LNB to Standard
# LO Frequency to 10750
# Transponder Frequency to 12177
# Polarity to H
# Symbol Rate to 20500

That TP doesnt exist anymore ;)

I would have the OP motor to Horizon 2 at 74W and log in Ohio News
11733 H 6616
me personally ;)

Ohio news is a weak signal for me, but that may just be because of tree branches at my location. Right now AMC9 (83W), 11735 H, 4444 is pretty strong and it's only about 9 degrees west of dj's due south.

Start by reviewing the motor install instructions in the stickies of this forum....... OOPS! It's Gone!!! :eek: try: http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/190436-how-set-up-motorized-ku-band-offset-dish.html

I copied the three posts in question and placed it in the FAQ (locked so nobody can add posts except staff)

404 - Whoops Page Not Found

Thank you to Iceberg, but can you repair the access to this post? Maybe place it as a stickie in the FTA forum header?

RADAR

Last edited:
iceberg im trying all you told still nothing i did everything just how you explained ill keep at it but if any idea cum up let me know thanks

Tell us what you have done.

What motor are you using?
What is the Motor Latitude Angle?
What is the Dish Elevation Angle?
What satellite are you aiming for?
Tell us all settings in the receiver installation menu....

I have a suggestion

dj_flako - - - don't give up!! You have made good progress.

Because of your longitude I might suggest you use 77W as your true south.

12632 V 20000 and it is circular (this is MPEG4 so don't worry if you cannot see it - - - should be strong TP)

Once you lock this in as your True South it should be easier to find other Satellites.

Remember, after finding 77W - - - if you SonicView is like mine - - - You will be in "Dish Settings" - - "Motor" - - - you will need to hit the red button for "Store Position" that will tell the motor OK 77W is here.

Also, remember that most of the satellites in the ARC are linear only 61.5, 77, 110 and 119 are circular and not much is ITC on those birds. Thus make sure the DISEqC for each Satellite is set correctly based on the port you have it plugged into.

Let's get on 77W and go from there.

well so far i got 91 119 110 61.5 101 but got low q on 91 101 61.5 i dont give up thats for losers thank you all for the help i know that we will get this going im also investing in a c band so thats next

What motor are you using? hh120
What is the Motor Latitude Angle?41
What is the Dish Elevation Angle?23
What satellite are you aiming for?77w or 74w 77 is my true south but ice berg told me to hook on 74w

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)