Need help .. Someone .. plese help me here ..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

anjang1980

Original poster
May 1, 2007
Hello there ..

I m from Malaysia and this evening my friend told me that he has a setellite set for sale and since then , i m trying to find all information regarding the receiver .

The receiver are from Beijing or taiwan and from one company name Nortel Colin. The model are DVB-S KL6398. All the setting that i see was writen in chinese language.

I have take about 3 hour searching inside google and i just found 2 arctical mention it.

I really hope that i can use this receiver to get FTA channel all over the world and i need all the expert here to help me and guide / teach me how to install & modified / upgrade the receiver.

Thank you .. all ..

Just a suggestion, since you have found a receiver that doesn't seem to be known, click on one of the sponsors at the top of the page, choose one of the more common
brands. That way you'll be sure you are getting a receiver that works in US, and can get help with, if needed. Many of them are reasonably priced now.

Just a suggestion, since you have found a receiver that doesn't seem to be known, click on one of the sponsors at the top of the page, choose one of the more common
brands. That way you'll be sure you are getting a receiver that works in US, and can get help with, if needed. Many of them are reasonably priced now.

Do you mean to buy a new decoder on this pages ?:confused:

What should i do with the old one then ??

I may have misunderstood your question--are you IN Malaysia or in the US? I was suggesting an easier path if you were here in N America.

the probability of finding information is low and then you have to learn how to use it , and if its able to work with north american tv's ect , even electronics that a few years old is going to be outdated and probably have to redo all the satellite information. i would tend to agree with the other poster that a newer model from the usa is going to give you less problems on setup and maintaining. IMO

now if your are into tinkering and have the basic setup already then yeah go for it , it just doesn't sound like a starter unit for someone new to FTA. But it might be a great (basic) unit for a setting up a stationary dish pointing at one satellite. you would just have to figure out loading all the information ( satellite / transponders) to the unit. other things to consider is the unit multi language , can you walk through the menu and understand what its saying.

Status
Please reply by conversation.