Need Help with Added DBS LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Elite09

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Hello all. I just added a Bell Expressvu LNB to my *C 75E dish. Pull tied to the *C LNB.

My main goal was to finally get Nasa TV, but I can't pick up any D* sats. I have a SG2100 and I have no problem getting 91 and 82 with the Bell LNB. With 90% quality. But when I scan over to 110. I get one transponder with 24% quality1. On 119, 0 quality.

I don't get it. Even hooked up direct to check. So right now. Bell LNB to SG2100 then SG2100 to receiver. Once working I will hook up my 4x1 back up.

Settings are:
Standard
No switch

I just don't get it. Why would I get 91 and 82 with perfect quality but nothing on the 110 and 119. I also tried other D* and get nothing.

The LNB is 6 degrees off center. According to the Bell ones. I just changed the UCALS to 97 degrees instead of using 1.2 to manually move.

Any help would be nice. I can scan the arc well with the SG2100.

Bad LNB?

which side of the LNB is it on? If you are standing in front of the dish facing it and the DBS is to the LEFT of the KU, its -6 digrees. if its to the RIGHT then its +6

With offset LNB's they are backwards from what they are in the sky ;)

could skew be off too if it's just tied on to the main lnb? Tweak, tweak, and tweak again. If the others are coming in so good, it has to be possible.

When looking right at the dish. The DBS LNB is on the left.

It is weird because I follow the ARC fine. I get 82 and 91 with 90% quality. The sats at 110 and 119 should be powerfull enough that I should get a signal.

Really strange. Unless it is skew, but I should still get some signal. These sats shouldn't be hard to find.

Iceberg are you sure it is -6?

Looking right at the dish with Star Choice staring back at me and the arm pointed at my head. It is the Expressvu LNB on the left and the Star Choice LNB on the right.

/ \
B SC

So for me to get the Bell LNB in line. I would have to move the dish more to the west because it receives the signal from the other side of the dish.

Am I right? So at 91 + 6 = 97. Which works for me and 82 + 6 - 88 which works for me.

I just don't get why 110 and 119 can't come in. Tried adding 6 to them and tried 1.2 to move one at a time.

Just won't work.

Skew should not be a problem with a DBS satellite (I think). I suspect you are not tracking the arc correctly? Perhaps your pole is not plumb? Maybe the motor is not pointing true south? Regardless, it sounds like a LOS (line of site) problem, meaning you are not pointed at 110 or 119? I hope you know you should have a different setting in the motor menu for the location of the sats, with the lnbf being off centered? With it being 6 degrees difference, I would think the setting where the motor should stop would be around 104 or 116 for 110, and either 113 or 125 for 119? Good Luck!

Al

skew on circular is irrelevant...It can be at any angle.

Elite...the picture above means that the DBS is off in the negative. So if the SC LNB is at say 97 the DBS would be at ~91 to 93 degrees. There is no "true" number. I've seen 4 degrees off up to 7 degrees. But for sure that DBS LNB is at a satellite that is more east than the KU.

I use to have a DBS LNB to the side of the Sat B (111.1) LNB for 119..so looking at the dish it was

107.3 111.1--119

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)