Need help with AMC5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ldrumond

Oct 24, 2004
SW Ontario
Hey PSB, Iceberg
Thanks for the help getting my SG2100 running -- was the cable after all, was RG59, ran a new run of RG6 -- now I've got HtoH.
Problem is -- haven't been able to pick up any birds.
Was reading through Mark's post regarding the 22k setting for the lnb.
My Fortec LU greys out the on/off option when you select universal lnb.
Have gotten myself one of those little sat finder meters and have been out there in the rain today trying to get a signal. No luck.
Can anyone give me the settings for the lnb setup page for this bird, it's my closest true south sat.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• MVC-016F.JPG
    MVC-016F.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 155
a meter wont work with a universal LNB

If you have a spot for univarsal LNB, then it should work.

try one of these two transponders to pick up the signal
11808 H 4164
11742 V 11110

Thanks for the quick response Iceberg. Wish I'd known about it not working on ULNBs.
Any explantion for why the signal meter on this Fortec shows 50% no matter what, I literally panned the dish so that it was pointed at the roof and still got this signal. That's why I got the hand held unit.

The units will show a signal as long as something is hooked up to it.

Its quality that matters.

Honestly, aim the dish straight south and slowly start getting the elevation on the dish (not the motor...that is usually at 45 degrees).

Did you program in the info I posted above? It's easier to get a channel that way :)

The elevation on the motor depends on how north you are so it forms the right arc shape as it moves from H-to-H. :)

Yeh thanks, I did.
Need to know the other settings.
LNB = ???
Local freq = ???
22k = no option -- it's off with ULNB setting
DiSEqc = off no switches
TP = as per your post
Positioner = am using manual nudging

Tuxcoder;
I set the elevation using the charts that came with the motor based on my lat of 42 deg. Is it safe to assume that they're just rough guides? Also, clearly the dish forms an arc as it pans across the horizon -- are the sats located so that a terrestial dish matches their elevation as it pans across. Seems like a dumb question.

Not too dumb a question. :D
The satellites are located so that they are all the same distance outward from the equator, in the Clarke belt (geostationary orbit). The motor issue is that the closer to the equator you are, the more curved the arc is as you pan across. The further north you are, the flatter the arc.

And BTW, the chart in the motor manual is a lot better than a rough guide. I set the motor bracket's elevation to as close as my eye could interpolate between notches, and did so with the other brackets and compass heading, and lucked out immediately seeing all the satellites. The easternmost ones were a little weak but I did see them and saw all the others very well. Then I've re-tweaked the dish a couple times for strongest strength all across the arc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)