Need help with Diamond 9000HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi Anik, yes Tim is sharp with the Diamond-9000 he has help me out alot with mine here, almost like the go-to guy for Diamond, but if you do some more reading on it you will find out after you do that, you will get a vidio shutter on you're DVBS-2 channels when you are viewing them. an I was at a point where was almost going to try it, but never did, very happy with the 104 firmware, an have got to know their channel editor real good an like it. but that works great for my set up here, which may not that good for some 1 else's set up.

anik, I think the bottom line if you want to be able to use the channel editor properly is to use the 1.04 factory firmware and you'll need to get a RS232 "straight through" cable, to be able to dl the channel list from STB to your computer.

Then you can make the changes on your computer, upload to your USB stick, and then upload to your Diamond. Hopefully someone will correct me if I am leading you astray here.

Do you have access to a laptop computer? That would allow you not to string cables for long distances. That's what I intend to use, my laptop doesn't have an RS232 port but I am going to get USB-to-RS232 adapter to make the connection.

For anyone that does it this way....will any USB-to-RS232 adapter work...or is there a type that is specific to work with the "straight-through" cable type?

Thanks! :)

The firmware I was borrowing was the MAXDigital 225 receiver from the Netherlands.
Others include TechnoMate 6900 Combo and ClarkeTech 5000 Combo.
I would replace the Header so it would load on the Diamond, but there was no sound and really bad video shutter. It was just for entering DVB-S2 TPs. I do not recommend doing it, using a PC and Cable is easier.

For anyone that does it this way....will any USB-to-RS232 adapter work...or is there a type that is specific to work with the "straight-through" cable type?
I have 2, they both work using Windows XP. Have yet to test with Vista, but read that you need to install Drivers in "XP Compatible" mode - whatever that means. I guess more reading.

Please where can I find it? I'am trying to update channels with the nfeditor but I can't do it.
Load Channel List from Receiver to PC via Straight Through cable using STBTools
---Note for STBTools: Upload to PC - Download to Receiver
Open Channel List in NDFEdit
Edit Channels / TPs as needed
Load Channel List from PC to Receiver via Straight Through cable using STBTools
Receiver will reboot.

--Note for NDFEdit: I think you need to have a DiSEqC Switch Level selected, even if you are not using one, for DVB-S2 TPs to Save properly.
Phlatwound can you confirm?

Load Channel List from Receiver to PC via Straight Through cable using STBTools
---Note for STBTools: Upload to PC - Download to Receiver
Open Channel List in NDFEdit
Edit Channels / TPs as needed
Load Channel List from PC to Receiver via Straight Through cable using STBTools
Receiver will reboot.

--Note for NDFEdit: I think you need to have a DiSEqC Switch Level selected, even if you are not using one, for DVB-S2 TPs to Save properly.

LAK that is correct, in my experience anyhow.

As for the other stuff, the poster was asking for Keys, so presumed he/she was looking for hack info. If this is incorrect, then disregard this portion of the post.

Yes, confirmed again....if you don't select the DiSEqC Switch level the pilot box will "uncheck" itself.

Last edited:
Yes, confirmed again....if you don't select the DiSEqC Switch level the box will "uncheck" itself.

WHOA! THANKS!

I've been fighting that for THREE WEEKS now! I just got a new Diamond and it WOULD NOT and WILL NOT tune a S2 TP, until I cloned it to my OLD Diamond. So I BET that was the problem, when I made the channel lists the pilot was unchecking itself...Seems like I saw that a couple times too....:eek:

WHOA! THANKS!

I've been fighting that for THREE WEEKS now! I just got a new Diamond and it WOULD NOT and WILL NOT tune a S2 TP, until I cloned it to my OLD Diamond. So I BET that was the problem, when I made the channel lists the pilot was unchecking itself...Seems like I saw that a couple times too....:eek:

I see I left out the word "pilot" above, now fixed. :rolleyes:

stogie, I bet that is exactly what your problem is/was, I fought with that for quite a while before Lak got me lined out on it. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts