Need Help with Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra and Manhattan Skyline 1000

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey thanks Brian, good advice, maybe I need to stay home. I appreciate you checking on this for me and for all the help. If this thing does prove to be shot, what receiver would you suggest I replace it with? Looks like I'll have to get one anyway to replace the fortec that I borrowed.
Thanks
Alex

We now sell the Geosatpro DSR100c and the DVR1100c receivers for the Adventist packages. It has one of the best tuners that we have ever tested (better than the Fortec Star Mercury II) and it is simple to set up. If it is installed as a Glorystar system, the receiver automatically adds new channels as they become available (no scanning or transponder entry).

As your LNBF and receiver were both taken out, it is possible that lightning is to blame. I'll post tomorrow about the menu setting for LNBF power.

We do have a few open box returns of the DSR100c for only $80.

Hey Brian, would love to get one of those open box receivers. Let me know what I need to do to get that and if for some reason the manhattan is also shot, I'll need a second one.

What would I need to do to set it up with glorystar? Is glorystar on AMC4 or another sat?

Thanks

Please contact our sales department if you wish to purchase the open box unit(s).

To upgrade to a supported Glorystar Christian satellite system, you need a GEOSATpro 90cm dish with a dual LNBF bracket to receive the channels from two satellites (Galaxy19 and AMC4). Check out www.glorystar.tv to see the available systems and upgrade kits.

You are in the perfect forum to learn how to create a hobbyist system to receive channels from multiple satellites using your current dish. Options include: adding a motor, setting up additional LNBFs with adjustable offset brackets or installing multiple dishes to receive additional satellites, etc.

Hey Brian, I have an older 36" dish with 3ABN stamped on it. Can I have more than one lnb to it? Also, did you find anything out on turning on the power for the lnb on the manhattan?

THanks
Alex

Many 3ABN dishes can be used. To see if your current dish can be retrofitted with the Glorystar Dual Bracket view this url: http://glorystar.tv/p/shop/?ws_pid=279&ws_cat=413

I have attached a JPEG showing the correct setting for the LNB Power: H/V. If you are still not receiving power to your meter or voltage tester, the receiver will require repair or replacement. We are not aware of anyone providing repair services for the Manhattan products as the original company went bankrupt about 6 years ago and parts are no longer available.

Attachments

• Manhattan1000_LNB_Power.jpg
    Manhattan1000_LNB_Power.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 83
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Multiswitches and Bandstacked LNBs?

editing in a sattelite?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts