Need Help with g28

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hotdog842

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Just installed a coolsat 8000 on my 10' perfect 10. I am getting G3 perfectly. I moved the dish to g28 used telstar 4 in the menu. manually put in a new transponder 3820 h 29125 fec 3/4 dvb-s2 8psk. I get a signal strength of 90 but
0 quality. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Just installed a coolsat 8000 on my 10' perfect 10. I am getting G3 perfectly. I moved the dish to g28 used telstar 4 in the menu. manually put in a new transponder 3820 h 29125 fec 3/4 dvb-s2 8psk. I get a signal strength of 90 but
0 quality. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

I'm not familiar with the CS 8K, but are you sure you are pointed at G28?

Have you tried locking any non-S2 signals on G28?

You might try "bumping" your dish a little either way, the S2 signals require very precise aiming.

what would be the best transponder to aim at to make sure I'm on the sat? I tried bumping the dish while looking for a signal, also adjusted the skew. I need some info from someone that has a coolsat 8000 and is on this sat.

Thanks

You could tune on one of the NET channels, which are the same polarity, or the Pentagon channel, which I think is the opposite polarity.
Do you have "pilot ON".
That should be a fairly easy S2 signal to hit.

I do not have pilot on. Should it be? What is the transponder settings for these channels
Thanks

I do not have pilot on. Should it be? What is the transponder settings for these channels
Thanks

I think that your settings were OK except that I'm pretty sure that pilot should be on for that transponder.
What I do with my 8100, is set up the transponder in the transponder edit page, but then, when I go into the transponder scan page, it allows you to change the parameters there. I just step through each FEC with pilot off, and then again with pilot on, until I get a lock. It takes less than a minute to go through all the possibilities. If the correct parameters are different from what I've saved though, I usually go back to the transponder edit page, and change it there before doing the actual scan, just so that I can re-scan the transponder with the correct parameters at a later date.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts