Need Help with my Pansat 2500A and FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

alfonsosorino

Original poster
May 26, 2005
Moncton NB Canada
Hi,
I am new here and I need help. I got a 80 CM dish with KU universal LNB, Pansat 2500 A and Star HH90 Motor.
I mounted the dish and set the elevation and found a signal which seems to be either Nimiq 1 or nimiq 2 and the scan gave me the samne channels (55 scrambled channels) and 1 non scarambled channel (Goltv) on both nimiq 1 and nimiq 2.
I am living in Moncton NB Canada and my Latitude is 46.1 N and Longitude is 64.8 W.
I dont know how to know whether it is a nimiq 1 or 2 then if it is one of them what to do next to make the USALS move to the other satellites.
I tried to enter the longitude and latitude on the USALS setting of nimiq 1 and then set the reference and store I found that the dish is moving away the only way is to enter the 91 (nimiq 1) in both longitude and satellite and then when move to another satellite it didnt find anything.
Another question is, Do I have to program the receiver or not.
Please help

Welcome! :wave
GolTV is on Dish 110, which is west of Nimiq 1 (91) and nimiq 2 (82). You would want to aim to your true south, which in this case the closest is Dish 61.5.

I don’t get what you mean by programming it. You can do a blind scan and that would fine the channels on that satellite that are unencrypted

Ok

So by finding the echostar 110 w, Cant I finish the job from here.
I mean Do I have to go more south or its enough.
What do I have to do to find IE5 from here (echostar), do I have to enter the longitude and latitude here and save or what , I am really confused.
I did a blind search and the receiver found the gol TV on echostar 100 W so what should I do to find IE5 and how, in the pansat 2500a menu for echostar 110 I entered the longitude and latitude and then save but it didnt work because the satellite moved away from echostar.

?

Did you enter your Lat and Long in Set-up ? If so then the motor should take you to what-ever Sat you select.

Quick question on something similar:

I'm in Phoenix, longitude 112.1 degrees west. My true south is halfway between Anik F2 (111.1 W) and Solidaridad 2 (113.0 W). Can I use either one for my true south?

Solidaridad 2 is C-Band and Mexico only, AnikF2 has one real Ku transponder working - Shoppers Drug Mart (Encrypted)

If you had a DBS LNB you could try getting the StarChoice transponders on Anik.

I would use a DBS LNB and aim for Dishnetwork at 110w. Anik and Solidaridad will not work for you : (

Whoops Cascade beat me to it : )

110 works

Bunnyman said:

I'm in Phoenix, longitude 112.1 degrees west. My true south is halfway between Anik F2 (111.1 W) and Solidaridad 2 (113.0 W). Can I use either one for my true south?
I'm also in Phoenix. 110 is a easy one to use for TS. If you have a USALS receiver, be sure to accurately input your antenna position and USALS over to 110 and peak the dish. If all else is right you should be tracking the arc. When I set mine up I used G10R. with USALS True South is only really necessary for the alignment of the zero position of the H2H motor.

Bunnyman said:

what kind of setup do you have in case you need some more help?
(that info helps great when troubleshooting) :)

I need an expert to help me - FTA on Pansat 2500 A

Hi,
I have the following numbers living in Moncton NB Canada:
Latitude 46.1167
Longitude - 64.80454
Pansat 2500 A compatible with 1.2 1.3
Stab HH90 with 1.2 and 1.3
I have a proble locating the south satellite which is 61.5
I can find the 110 easily but I dont have any idea on how will find the 97 sat with these number.
After finding the 110 What should I write in the Latitude and longitude to make the motor find the 97 and how to calculate for the other sats and should I use the USALS or the 1.2 , these are very tough for me to answer and I need help from experts who know exactly how to calculate.
The problem with my 61.5 is that there is an obstacles so I dont want it.

Thanks alot

alfonsosorino said:
Hi,
I am new here and I need help. I got a 80 CM dish with KU universal LNB, Pansat 2500 A and Star HH90 Motor.
Sounds like a good start!
alfonsosorino said:
I mounted the dish and set the elevation and found a signal which seems to be either Nimiq 1 or nimiq 2 and the scan gave me the samne channels (55 scrambled channels) and 1 non scarambled channel (Goltv) on both nimiq 1 and nimiq 2.
As has already been noted, you found Echostar 8 @110 You may see four channels if you kit it with a Ku LNB. Mine does. I've since switched to a circular LNB for DBS FTA stuff.
alfonsosorino said:
I am living in Moncton NB Canada and my Latitude is 46.1 N and Longitude is 64.8 W.
I'm not familiar with the Pansat so bear with me... but I assume the reference is the antenna position. This is where you will want to enter the above lat / long information.
alfonsosorino said:
I dont know how to know whether it is a nimiq 1 or 2 then if it is one of them what to do next to make the USALS move to the other satellites.
I tried to enter the longitude and latitude on the USALS setting of nimiq 1 and then set the reference and store I found that the dish is moving away the only way is to enter the 91 (nimiq 1) in both longitude and satellite and then when move to another satellite it didnt find anything.
Another question is, Do I have to program the receiver or not.
Please help
If you set the reference / antenna position and Sat the same the motor will stay on it's center or True south position.

The motor is supposed to be oriented to true south. I'm guessing yours is WAY off.

What you need to do is look at where the dish is pointing when you see 110. If you can, take a compass and record the azmuth.

Go into your reciever and input your Lat/long and USALS to 110W for Echostar 6/8. Your dish will most likely swing to the West. What you need to do is orient the whole motor / dish assembly so that the dish is pointed the right direction to see 110. Where I'm at there is a HUGE difference in direction between 61.5 and 110 (almost 90°!). This should get you close. Of course when the dish has swung over to 110 it has likey skewed quite a bit. It'll be tricky tuning to that sat.

What I would do.... start over.

Get a compass, find out your local magnetic deviaton, and figure out where true south is. This is where the motor needs to be pointed. The motor will then steer to the satellite you specify via USALS assuming you have the motor elevation set right. 61.5 will be easier to aim for since it's pretty much at the top of your arc and the dish won't be skewed. If you nailed true south it'll just be a declination (dish elevation) setting and you'll be on the arc. Now select 110 and USALS and like magic the motor will crank over to where you saw it before when you saw GoL TV.

no problem... but the motor still has to face true south to track what you can see of the arc. Your dish will just always be looking to the side :).

Align the motor to TS, input your lat/long for the antenna position (reference?) and USALS to 110. Now swing the whole assembly to adjust azmuth and your elevation will likely need to be increased. You'll be tracking what you can see of the arc in no time with a little luck.

But I cant because the obsticle is so close (pole) so that the dish will not be able to go south so I mean can I recalculate it from this point by entering different numbers

alfonsosorino said:
But I cant because the obsticle is so close (pole) so that the dish will not be able to go south so I mean can I recalculate it from this point by entering different numbers
If it's so close you can't face the motor south than you may as well pawn the motor on ebay as it will be useless to you.

For real.

If you want a motorized dish you're going to have to move it where you have room :( .

I assumed your obstical is a Line of sight obstical.

Shawn

Here is my news and questions

Hi again,
The system is:
* Dish of 80 CM.
* Universal LNB 9750 - 10600
* Pansat 2500A Receiver.
* Satb HH 90 Motor.
After trying hard by the help of Iceberg and Shawn (Thanks) I could install the dish and get the satellites.
It seems that there is something wrong (Or it is the case and I dont know) because some satelittes doesnt have an enough quality to be picked, the same with some TP.
I did the following: I chose IE-5 and chose the weakest TP and tried to improve it and I did raising it from 15 to 30 which make me having the following questions:
1- For example Galaxy 10R doesnt have enough quality, so what should I do now after strenghthing the IE-5, Do I have to do some motor changes like setting 123.2 instead 123 or not.
2- I found that there is something called Skew in the receiver menu for each Satellite, some are set by deafult to 0 some to -44 some to +44. I found that there is a specific skew for each Satellite through a table I found published somewhere by Iceberg. So again for example Galaxy 10 R at 123, the deafault skew is 45 , the table said is that G10R is 36.7 So what should I do, Do I have to put it 36 or 37 and for all the TP or the same and is it something that can improve the quality.
3- Do I have to do something to the LNB after putting it all the way back and getting 80 qulaity for some TP in some satellites.
4- What is the Network scan.

I wish that you can answer me in details because am new here and need your help.

Thanks alot guys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)