Need help with new LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TGBlackheart

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
Houston Tx
I have a pansat 2700A receiver. I changed out my old LNB with a new standard Ku Band LNB (different brand) but the new LNB is not working. The old LNB still works. The new one doesn’t however.

I tried the new LNB on a friend’s receiver and it works fine on his receiver. At first I thought the new LNB was defective but it works just fine on his receiver.

What am I doing wrong?

Is one LNBF a standard and the other a universal? Sounds like that is probably the problem. Make sure your LNBF L.O. is correct for the new LNBF in the receiver settings...

Universal L.O. frequencies are 9750/10600.

Standard L.O. frequency is 10750.

There is few things you can check, the position of the LNB, focal point distance from the dish, or need a little adjustment on the dish. If all fail, then we think something else, but most the problem will come from the above.

Focal point distance? Is assume that means the distance from the eye of the LNB to the face of the dish?

Could there be some receiver setup option I am missing?

Focal point distance? Is assume that means the distance from the eye of the LNB to the face of the dish?

Could there be some receiver setup option I am missing?

That maybe the receiver setting problem, but I have no idea how is your setting. What kind of satellite dish you has and there any brand name of the dish ?? Do you get any strengh reading (not quality) after you replaced the LNBF ?

I have one customer was pitv subs but this company out of business, so they wannted to use the system to warch some FTA program, but the receiver has no way to modify for FTA purpose, so I replaced with a FTA receiver, but also there was a problem with lower number of frequency, although there is strengh reading, but signal only good for frequency from12.0 and up any reading below 12.0 is not stable on signal quality, pitv also using 75cm dish but the LNB arm is much shorten then a regular 75cm dish, as much as 3" difference with regular ku dish, so I replacing the dish for a hot dish as well and problem solved.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts