need help with traxis 3500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

krisman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
tn
i fooled around with this today and couldnt get anywhere. i thought this was supposed to have a beeper on it to tell when it was on a sat but it never beeped once. and when i tried aiming for a sat, the bottom bar kept on reading 11 percent and never changed. could someone help me with this thing? also i can only choose from disecq 1.0 and 1.1, even though it says its 2.0 compatible.

i just need help from the beginning for aiming at 89w. im having to reaim and i thought this would be good to help me. i cant even remember which port to use, 1 or 2.

You have to be in the "info" screen for the beeper to work. Pick a channel on that satellite, enter the info into the traxis if it isn't already there, then go to that channel. Hit Info, then the #1 on your remote and it will give you a steady tone which goes higher in freq as you get stronger signal.

thank you, it has been so long now though that i dont even know what port 89w should be on though. and if it gives me the diseqc 1.0, or 1.1, which one should i choose? right now im using the diseqc switch that came with my sonicview. that shouldnt hurt anything should it? and what does it mean when it gives you longitude, latitude, and sat latitude? i dont know what to put in sat latitude.

You need to know what port you have the dish on, otherwise the receiver may not find a signal.
Is your switch outside, if so go look when you can and figure out which port it is, then you can set it in the satellite setup menu. Are you using a motor? If not you don't have to enter the USALS info for the receiver to move the dish. If you are, then you have to find out your coordinates and put them in the receiver's USALS setup. It calculates the sats position by that info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)