need help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

richardinaiken

Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Aiken, South Carolina
I have just moved down to South Carolina from Ottawa, Canada and brought with me my Bell Express Vu box. The antenna is still at our cottage in Canada and my hope is to just go back and forth with the box, continuing to pay for service. What to I need to get set up here in South Carolina.
What antenna can I get and what else do I need and where can I get it? richardinaiken

:welcome to the site.

You should be able to use a dish 500.

Might sound obvious but I would suggest you get exactly the same parts you have in Ottawa, for example, it you have a standard 20" Dish with 2 lnbf's and an SW44, use the same for down South, it will make life easier.

Do not forget to do a "Check Switch" every time you re-connect to the Dish.

All you need will be available locally in either City, via the newspaper or even E-Bay.

As stated above, the Dish 500 is the exact same as the Bell 20" Dish.

Last edited:
If you use both of the satellites, you will not get the 82W bird in South Carolina with the standard Bell dish.

I am in Nashville and I had to go to a 76 cms dish. You are further south in SC so it may not work at all for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)